Option to hide compilation artists
Lightbulb 
There's a setting hidecompilationartists in the advancedsettings.xml which filters compilation artists in the artists listing. It would be nice if there would be an additional option to also filter them in the sub-artistlist of the genre listing.

I don't think this is possible currently, is it?
Perhaps some other users also hate compilationartists... Wink
you are correct. the "hidecompilation" artists only removes them from the root artists listing. if you start at genres, compilation artists are displayed. it's easy enough to always hide them but do we really need another advanced option? i personally like seeing the compilation artists when first filtering by genre as it gives me some new artists to explore. and if they are hidden, it could make compilation songs inaccessible when entering from genres. (i guess they could all be lumped together under "various artists" or something but that may be a PITA to implement.)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Please submit a feature request to trac for tracking purposes http://trac.xbmc.org

Nod
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Personally that one existing advanced option would be enough for me, if it would also filter the artists in the genre-listing. but some users might want to keep the artists there, like kraqh3d wrote.

I'll submit a feature request in trac, thank you for the hint Gamester17.
I just experienced the same issues since some genres in my music mainly consist of compilations. It would be great to hide them... Any update on this?
Nevermind, I just realized that this has been resolved. However, there seems to be a bug in the german translation since it just does the opposite of what it says in the configuration. I read somewhere that this has been the case for spanish also since at some point the usage of this option switched from enabling compilation artists to be hidden to enabling compilation artists to be shown while it still says otherwise in the german translation. Maybe someone could fix this?
If that is the case, please open a trac ticket with all the instances you can find and a suggestion for the improvement.
Then one of our German speakers can look into it.
allright. will doublecheck tonight and then do that.

best
Ok. In English it says "include artists who appear only in compilations", in German it's "Interpreten ausblenden, die nur in Zusammenstellungen vorkommen" which means exactly the opposite ;-)

I will open a ticket
mhh, can't login into the trac system with my forum account. Maybe because I'm new here ;-) Or another bug? I would report it if I only could...
It's case sensitive.

I just realized that Firefoxe cached the wrong password ;-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Option to hide compilation artists0