[LINUX/MAC/WINDOWS] Never upsample/downsample all audio streams to 48kHz by default
If you look at the chart on the previous page you will se that all wav/pcm is resampled to 48Khz. It does not matter if it's sp/dif or not..

-Eicar
AC3/A52 and DTS are not resampled if set to digital out pass-through, all other audio formats are currently resampled to 48kHz.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I also would like that this feature is handled and fixed.

I also prefer MediaPortal for now as long as I cannot have bitperfect playback on XBMC.

Too bad because I like XBMC and only switched because of that (and missing CPU power in the XBox for HD Content). Now that there is a windows version I was really enthusiastic but it looks like I'll need to have a bit more patience...Eek
Wounderful!!! It works!!!
Mackan2 Wrote:Wounderful!!! It works!!!

What? Are there any solutions out there?
Lightbulb 
The problem is that operating systems are configured with a specific video refresh rate and SPDIF clock rate. When watching movies and/or listening music the A/V source rates are converted into something that matches the rates of the operating system. This conversion causes loss of audio quality and smooth video playback.

A video example: Let's say your operating system has its video settings set to 1080x1920@60Hz. The video you're trying to watch is encoded at 24fps. The video will have to be converted to 60fps to match the video refresh rate (of 60Hz). This will cause a slight choppyness in the smoothness of video playback.

An audio example: Most videos have audio encoded at 48Hz. Which is good since the SPDIF clockrate is usually set to 48KHz. If you're playing music however this poses a problem. Music is mostly encoded at 44.1KHz which will have to be converted to 48KHz before it can be transmitted digitally. This will cause your music to sound less crisp, dull and empty regardless of the bitrate is was encoded with. To experience the pure bitperfect sound of your music the SPDIF clock rate will have to be set to 44.1KHz.

Therefore I'd like to suggest a feature whereby XBMC automatically switches the refresh rate and SPDIF clock rate depending on the rates found in the source material. Or perhaps provide an easy way to switch things by hand.
Related: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5223

(linux we have 44.1)
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Gamester17 Wrote:AC3/A52 and DTS are not resampled if set to digital out pass-through, all other audio formats are currently resampled to 48kHz.

How do you set them to passthru in xbmc/ubuntu?
topfs2 Wrote:Related: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5223

(linux we have 44.1)

So how do I enable this on my Asrock ION 330 (hdmi output)? Do I just need to update to a newer release or do I have to change some settings?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX/MAC/WINDOWS] Never upsample/downsample all audio streams to 48kHz by default2