Add Blu-Ray to Main Menu
Hi Guys,

Firstly WOW, I saw the screenshots of this skin and instantly realised that I needed to build a HTPC and ditch my XBOX 360 as my media solution. 2 Days later I have a gorgeous looking HTPC set up in my living room that flawlessly seems to play my .m2ts and .vob files with absolutely no encoding. It sure beats waiting days to demux, remux etc etc all my .m2ts files!

Anyway... i'm preaching to the converted!

Is there a way how I can add an additional menu to the homepage called Blu-Ray so I have 'DVD's' and 'Blu-Ray'.

I worked out how to change the names (homescrollers.xml?? I think) but I still don't see the showcase view for what once was Adult (I changed this to Blu-Ray). Also when I go into 'Blu-Ray' I still see the words 'adult' in the top corner. Where would I change this? I don't particularly mind but my partner was inquisitive as to what my 'adult films' were :p

Thanks in advance!
idlerobbo Wrote:Is there a way how I can add an additional menu to the homepage called Blu-Ray so I have 'DVD's' and 'Blu-Ray'
Can I just as why? Huh

It is true that XBMC supports .m2ts & .m2t & .evo file extensions if they have already been decrypted by a third-party software but XBMC does not support reading Blu-ray Discs because of the AACS/BD+ encruption, see: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=31630
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
All my Blu-Rays have been decrypted and are saved to the PC so that will never be an issue I hope.

I don't want the menu to run the Discs - I want it to access a seperate library view so that I can distinguish between my SD files and my HD films...

Hope that clears things up!
you can't run two separate libraries like you describe, sorry. What I've done for my setup is manually stamp the movie art with a bluray logo so I can tell which films are which in the library mode. (thats on artwork named like, if the movie is bluray.mkv the artwork is named bluray.tbn)
Freddo Wrote:you can't run two separate libraries like you describe, sorry. What I've done for my setup is manually stamp the movie art with a bluray logo so I can tell which films are which in the library mode. (thats on artwork named like, if the movie is bluray.mkv the artwork is named bluray.tbn)

any chance you can post a screen shot of this mod... i'd like to see what it looks like Smile ... sounds cool
it's not a mod really, just open your .tbn in photoshop or something and slap the bluray logo in the bottom, right, then save it. I'll take some screens when I get a chance if you like but I'm not at home just now.

here's a good high res logo to use though...

http://blogs.sltrib.com/tv/uploaded_imag...787980.jpg
Freddo Wrote:it's not a mod really, just open your .tbn in photoshop or something and slap the bluray logo in the bottom, right, then save it. I'll take some screens when I get a chance if you like but I'm not at home just now.

here's a good high res logo to use though...

http://blogs.sltrib.com/tv/uploaded_imag...787980.jpg

lol .. cool ... thanks
Freddo Wrote:you can't run two separate libraries like you describe, sorry. What I've done for my setup is manually stamp the movie art with a bluray logo so I can tell which films are which in the library mode. (thats on artwork named like, if the movie is bluray.mkv the artwork is named bluray.tbn)

Thanks for the info and logo.

I have just been scraping the art and info from imdb so far. How do I manually edit the artwork like you describe? Sorry to be a pain! Do the scraped images get saved locally or does it lookup them each time?
Why not just change the titles to have HD and a dash ie "-HD- Finding Nemo" They would all be together maybe be sorted before the As in the SD versions.

or create individual nfo files and art files for each movie and access it outside of library mode. SOrry I don't rememeber if there is a "video" section, if so you could use that.
If you are serious about separate libraries, you can always create a new profile for blue-ray.
http://www.xbmc.org/wiki/?title=Profiles

Just enable the login window and you will be asked at startup if you want to use the normal or blue-ray profile.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Couldn't you just return the Blu-ray movies using a Smartplaylist? You could access it directly from the homescreen if you use the correct parameters.
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
Thanks for the suggestions guys! I think I will go for the - Blu-Ray - approach and also edit the image to have a blu-ray watermark...

Hopefully the info tabs that were mock ups on a screenshot I saw will be coming into play in a future update?
If you don't mind ditching the library (in the movies section) in favour of the files view you can use the method I posted (post #7) here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=35708

ISSUES/FACTS
- The fanart on the front page will work 100% off your adult fanart library
- The fanart in the "HIGH DEF" files view will use the "MOVIES" fanart unless each file has available fanart
Bump on an old thread, I was curious about adding Blu-ray to the main menu as well. Has this feature been added or are there any work a rounds yet?
I'm notsure if that's possible and never tried it, but could you make all your bluerays as sets by editing the nfos and then create a library view/filter that only shows sets and add that to the home screen? Just an idea though I have no idea if thats possible or how to do that

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add Blu-Ray to Main Menu0