• 3(current)
[BUG] R6025 - pure virtual function call
Freddo Wrote:I'm led to understand msvcp71.dll isn't required or a possible cause since it's emulated and not used directly?

Yes and no. It seems so that the XBMC binary needs no runtime dll that is a yes, even though I don't know why.
All dlls loaded via our dllloader won't need it either.
But the vis plugins and libcurl are loaded via the windows loadlibrary method because it crashes with ours. Therefore you need for those libraries the msvcp71.dll.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Here is another debug log with the same error from a different machine.

This was run on a HP 6710b, Core 2 Duo T7250, 1,5 Gb memory and Intel 965 graphics with Vista Business SP1 32 bit version.

Same video share as my previous posts in this thread. It did take almost an hour before it appaired this time. The share is around 400 GB and includes movies in subfolders.

What I did was, right clicked on my video share in XBMC, choosed Set Content with option Run Automated Scan, Use folder Name For Lookup and Scan Recursively.

Here is the debug log.
http://www.pastebin.ca/1213795

Regards
at
what revision was that at? I think this was fixed @revision:15692, at least I haven't had it occur since that fix.
Beta 1. Will look at the ticket.

//at
Freddo, how do you know that it is fixed?

I can't find any new information in the ticket.

//at
the changelog read:

Quote:@15692 wiso

fixed: memory for pixels in TextureManager?.cpp wasn't freed. Please tell if this was per purpose or if it is freed somewhere else.

since that fix I haven't had a crash, it needs more people to build and confirm the crash isn't happening before the ticket can be closed though.
Thanks freddo!

Will get around to compile my own version and test tomorrow.

I have just been keeping track of this tickets information, not compiled my own versions.

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/4520

Regards
at
I very much doubt that that would have fixed the issue, given that all that did is free up some memory when loading animated gifs.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

...how inexplicable, maybe the fix..fixed more than you thought? I've still yet to experience this crash since that fix went in, and I was getting it at least once an hour before.
This might be related to the way imagelib.dll seems to leak memory like a sieve, I can sit and scroll a list that has a largeimage with listitem.icon as the source and memory usage will climb until it's all used (~1.6gb) I'm sure that's not normal behavior.
Quick update,

Still trying to get all the source fram svn, so I haven't been able to some additinal testing with the latest versions.

Will hopefully get some done tomorrow or in the weekend.

Regards
at
Freddo: All textures are released after n seconds. I think n is currently 2.

It doesn't leak at all to my knowledge. Just because memory usage as referenced by the OS seems to be high, it may well just be that it's kept them available for the app as it appears to want to reuse it (which will ofcourse happen when scrolling through lists).

Cheers,
Jonathan

Hi Jonathan and Freddo!

I finally got all the source from svn and compiled it. I still get the error. Same method as before. Set Content for a video share.

http://www.pastebin.ca/1220120.

This was run on the HP laptop with Vista previously mentioned in the thread. Same share as always.

Svn revision around 15799.

Regards
At
Unfortunately I can't reproduce it, so all I have is guesses. Please add your log, and details to the trac report so that it's always available to us.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Hi Jonathan!

I got a background in programming, but I been out of it the last couple of years and are not that familiar in the VS2008 environment, so if you would give me instructions, I would try and get you the information you need. But if you think it will be too hard, we will just have to wait for someone else to get it reproducible.

(Where I should place suitable breakpoints in the code or something.)

Anyway thanks for showing the interest.

Regards
at
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[BUG] R6025 - pure virtual function call0