MediaStream v0.89 Released
Halo_3 Wrote:- The font is to small, changing the font ("Bigger" or "Massive" if I recall it correctly) doesn't seem to have any effect. Thus most of the text was hard to read or even unreadable (f.e. the plot details in the movie section).

I'm also using a 16:9 PAL TV (32") and found even the 'massive' font set to be far too tiny to comfortably read. However, I recently used the script by chapado on this thread (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=36208) to bump up all the fonts by 5pt. Everything is now clearly legible, and for the most part it does not mess up the aesthetic of the skin, though there is the occasional overlap of text on load/buffering screens (but this is something I can live with if it makes the difference between being able to use this fantastic skin, and not being able to use it)
Thanks procratinator (*g*) for the hint. I will test it asap. Did you notice any differences when switching between the fonts? On my TV set (32" too) I wasn't even shure if it did change the fonts.
to be honest I don't think I really did notice a change. If there was one there it was (in my opinion) definitely a small one, and certainly didn't make the text legible on my SDTV

Glad I could help. Though the real credit must go to chapado (thanks!) Smile
sorry, just re-read your post Halo 3 - hope i answered your question. In the last post I was talking about before I bumped up the font size with that script (couldn't see any difference then).

Just had a go with the script-modified font.xml installed and it appeared that the 3 text size optioned made absolutely no difference. I'm no programmer, so not sure if this is a result of running the script or whether it's some kind of bug. I'm not going to report it as a bug though as I haven't actually updated to 0.89 yet (still on 0.88) so that may have changed.
BTW please don't chastise me for posting in the 0.89 even though I'm on 0.88 - just throwing in my 2 cents on a problem which seems to still exist for those of us still on old-skool teles!
No problem, it still seems that it's an issue for some.

As I keep saying though I can't just increase all fonts sizes across the skin as it would break the design in a lot of places. So if you want me to increase font sizes then I need to know exactly where the font sizing is wrong (screenshots or detailed descriptions please) and how much of an increase is needed.

It might take a while to get there but if I can get people to give me the detailed info I need then I'm sure we'll get there Big Grin
Well,

just had a long posting prepaired, but I got disconnected inbetween. So here is a short summary (testing on 32" 16:9 PAL TV with latest t3ch and MediaStream).

Fonts for "plot details" of movies etc. are too small. Same holds true for the navigation buttons on top of the window that open upon pressing "INFO" on the remote after selecting a movie ("Plot", "Cast", etc.).

Fonts in the "Settings/System" area are a little bit too small, the options (f.e. "Skin", "Font", "Flicker Filter" in "Settings>Appearance") are hard to read. Some additional pix might be enough.

A possible bug in the "infolist" viewing mode when browsing movies/videos (the mode with the "Shooter" icon). It should show the thumbnail on the left, details in the middle, a scrolling bar, and the list of the movies/videos on the right. When I access the list of movies/videos through the "Show your Movies" (i.e. library mode I suppose) submenue the infolist mode works fine. However if I'm using the "Show your Videos" mode, the infolist mode seems to be broken, as the details in the middle aren't shown.
It might be intentional, but if so this behaviour is inconsistent imho.

I'll keep on playing around with it to see if I can come up with more points, but I don't think I got time for it tomorrow.

Again thanks for all the work you guys from the team razorfish put into the new skin!
wow. 4:3 is awesome. absolutely no problems with the font.
but i have to set the skin zoom to -10% so it fits my screen.
but i will buy a true hd display tomorrow.
so. doesnt matter Big Grin
just started a thread on standard def font sizes here for those who are interested:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=2...post216759

erm... a little unsuccessful on the image linking though, apologies in advance, will try and fix when i've got a little more time on my hands
Love the Skin, thanks guys.
1 question, how do I check the version number of XBMC with this new skin.
cpit Wrote:Love the Skin, thanks guys.
1 question, how do I check the version number of XBMC with this new skin.

Open the System menu and select the INFO option
how can i set the sleeptimer in 0.89? i dont get it.
unseen Wrote:how can i set the sleeptimer in 0.89? i dont get it.

open the shutdown menu and then press up/down to select how long before it turns off
Does anyone know how to get fanart to show up in the background when viewing movies in the library under media preview mode? I have plex on my laptop and I believe it was setup to do this by default and now I can't figure it out for my xbmc on my vista htpc. Thanks in advance.
skunkm0nkee Wrote:Open the System menu and select the INFO option

Thanks mate.
This skin is fantastic, currently my full-time skin. Any chance of a corresponding Webserver skin? Pretty please? Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaStream v0.89 Released0