Use the Audio Visualizations as screensavers?
the screensaver function is nice, but enabling visualization instead of screensaver would be much cooler!
that would be nice indeed :d
what if there's no music playing?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i think some of the vis's would be great standard screensavers without music even, like g-force and goom....the eq based visualizers would obviously be a bit ridiculous without music playing, but you get the point....of course, if the modulation of g-force and goom is based off of the output of the audio, then it may be a bit pointless indeed.
g-force and goom are based off the audio, so they would indeed look pretty crap if no music is playing.

instead, how about making the screensavers plugable, like the visualizations? then you can write your own screensavers to do what you want.  :d
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
hi,

i've just installed the 2005-05-02 build and the changes are immense. my xbox is basically my stereo and in particular i am loving the music osd (what a god send) and the updated overlays on the visualisations.

i have just one suggestion...

is it possible to have the option of having your selected visulisation as your screensaver? obviously this would only apply if music is playing so after the timeout it would have to check. no idea if this is feasible...

many thanks and top marks for all the work on the new build, loads of great changes.... awesome!
Acer Revo R3700, XBMC Darma on Windows 7 - Xbox with X3, X3CP & X3IR, XBMC as dash, Xbox v1.4, Vantec 80mm Stealth Fan Mod
i think it would be cool to have a visualization as the screensaver.

for those of us with a microphone maybe the visualization could react to the noises in the room?
i agree - there should be an option in the music settings to override the current screensaver with the visualisation when music is playing.

i am pretty sure it is easy for xbmc to determine if music is playing or not...
umm, put xbmc in fullscreen visualization mode and screensaver never kicks in (while music is playing)

:fixed:

the latest project mayhem iii beta skin i have seen does fullscreen visualization but there is a xbmc logo and song name/track label in the corner. and when the music stops it exits fullscreen vis mode.

it would be nice to go to vis mode without any user interaction if screensaver is set to visualization. also have the xbmc logo and track title an optional feature.

if there is no audio feed go to the blankscreen screensaver or to a default screensaver set in the configuration files.

i know some of this stuff is skin controlled and not core xbmc but yea, anyway. please! :kickass:
(snipes420 @ may 17 2005,06:08 Wrote:the latest project mayhem iii beta skin i have seen does fullscreen visualization but there is a xbmc logo and song name/track label in the corner. and when the music stops it exits fullscreen vis mode.

it would be nice to go to vis mode without any user interaction if screensaver is set to visualization. also have the xbmc logo and track title an optional feature.

if there is no audio feed go to the blankscreen screensaver or to a default screensaver set in the configuration files.

i know some of this stuff is skin controlled and not core xbmc but yea, anyway. please! :kickass:
that's what i was thinking for it. if music is playing, use the visualization as the screensaver. if music is not playing or it stops playing, go to a standard screensaver.

i often don't turn on the visualization whie listening to music, but i'd rather see it when i come back into the room than the screensaver.
is there a way to start a playlist instead of a screensaver upon system idle? matrixtrails is great-looking and all, but i'd rather play music + default visualization upon system idle. alternatively, is there a screensaver that can play music?

using xbmc cvs 2005-11-21, fwiw. the new slideshow screensaver is soooo close, but it should point to a playlist (pic, video, or music) instead of a directory.

/ did a ton of searching before posting; sorry if this is a newbie question!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Use the Audio Visualizations as screensavers?0