4 remotes, no luck.
I have tried the following remote controls.

Original Xbox using a USB adaptor and the X10 software, worked once, then never again.

Fusion HDTV, works fine in Windows MCE, does not the second you load up XBMC.

ATI All in Wonder Remote (just the remote and the RF sensor), no luck.

HA-IR01SV (eHome Infared Transceiver). Apparently only works in Vista, and it does, however every attempt to get XBMC to work on Vista fails.

Looking on Newegg, I really don't see a standard Infared remote that works with XP or MCE. Its all Vista based, which is not an option for me and the fact of the matter is, I really don't want to spend more money on a remote that MIGHT work.

I have done clean installs of both XP SP3 & MCE SP3, using very minimal amount of system drivers.

What the hell am I doing wrong? Should be as simple as point Device mananager to an INF or SYS file and click next. I would really like to assist in testing XBMC, but without a remote control, i'm still stuck using an original Xbox for media playback.
kinison Wrote:I have tried the following remote controls.

Original Xbox using a USB adaptor and the X10 software, worked once, then never again.

Fusion HDTV, works fine in Windows MCE, does not the second you load up XBMC.

ATI All in Wonder Remote (just the remote and the RF sensor), no luck.

HA-IR01SV (eHome Infared Transceiver). Apparently only works in Vista, and it does, however every attempt to get XBMC to work on Vista fails.

Looking on Newegg, I really don't see a standard Infared remote that works with XP or MCE. Its all Vista based, which is not an option for me and the fact of the matter is, I really don't want to spend more money on a remote that MIGHT work.

I have done clean installs of both XP SP3 & MCE SP3, using very minimal amount of system drivers.

What the hell am I doing wrong? Should be as simple as point Device mananager to an INF or SYS file and click next. I would really like to assist in testing XBMC, but without a remote control, i'm still stuck using an original Xbox for media playback.

Original remote control Xbox + USB adaptor work perfect with REMOTEXBMC 2.0 (drivers includ )
MoDe2006 Wrote:Original remote control Xbox + USB adaptor work perfect with REMOTEXBMC 2.0 (drivers includ )

Yeah, used that. Worked once, then never again.
ATi Remote Wonder II works, though poorly.

You do have to install the drivers located at http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/pr...00-xp.html

There aren't a lot of native supported remotes for windows yet. It would probably be easier to write a plugin rather than waiting for native support from XBMC.

If you access the "Remote Wonder" configuration after you install it, I linked backspace to one of the Letter buttons (this works as the back button). The left mouse button will exit movies (while Playing). Play, Stop, forward, rewind, mute and volume don't work. (Though the directional buttons will let you skip forward and back.) The directional buttons and select will work.

I'm NOT a programmer, but I'm looking at the plugin SDK named "Ammo" from ATI in order to write a plugin that will work inside XBMC for Windows. http://developer.amd.com/SAMPLES/AMMOSDK...fault.aspx
DON'T expect much. I've never gotten very far with programming but I'll take a look tomorrow. Maybe I'll post my pseudo code and get someone who actually knows what they are doing to help me.
the news version work perfect with the version SVN or ATLANTIS
if you are using an older version of remotexbmc , update the drivers Big Grin
If you can't find a solution :
X10-BMC will work with ATI All in Wonder Remote,
but you need to install VB6 DLL's ! first.
Try It & let me know something.

Dav.
I only have the ATI Remote Wonder II but after some trial and error, I have it working. It only took me about 1 hour, but if you follow the steps below, I think it'd take about 15 minutes.

Here is the order I did things to get it working:
1. Copy 2 dll's into the Windows\system directory and reboot the computer. I tried several times to manually register the dll's but that always failed, rebooting apparently did the trick.
- the dll's I copied were mfc71.dll and msvcr71.dll, both I downloaded for free from dll-files.com
2. Install the ATI Software I downloaded from the ati support page for my remote. http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.HTML
3. Download and add the HIP ATI Software
- get the HIP stuff here, http://www.byremote.com.au/downloads/def...SCLASS=HIP, Scroll down to: HIP ATI/X10 Receive Interface (Freeware). Install the HIP software.
4. In the ATI Remote Wonder properties screen, click on Plug Ins Tab, Click on Import, browse to where you saved the DLL, and select it. Make sure the check box is selected in the list once you’ve selected the DLL and returned to the Plug Ins tab. With the plug in selected, clicking on Configure allows you to choose what keys you want to send to HIP. I actually unselected all except HIP ATI Plugin. Click OK and close this software.
5. First I tried just using the remote in Windows (XP Pro) and it worked.
6. Next I tried running XBMC and the remote worked there too.

NOW - which key does what?? Still trying to figure that out.

So far, this is what I have figured out:
1. The big gray button is the mouse and moves pretty well.
2. Above the button, the left and right mouse clicks work well but it's somewhat hard to control the mouse. Left mouse is select, right is back in some cases or a menu in other...
3. Somehow, I was able to use the up, down, left, right and OK buttons. These worked best while a movie was playing to get the menu up and make selections like pause, play, rewind, etc. The get the menu to go away, I used the mouse to get the cursor off the menu and right clicked. A few seconds later the cursor would also disappear.
4. During the movie, I could hit the up or down arrow to rewind or go forward.

That's about all I have on this for now.
You can also use the MS xbox 360 wireless dongle and an xbox360 controller and "xbox360eventclient.exe" which you can find by searching the forums. Works great, though it seems almost nobody is aware of this way to use xbox 360 controllers in XBMC windows.

=darwin
I'm sorry, has this thread been resurrected or merged? If merged, we should probably change the title.
Remote Wonder (not 2 or Plus) "worked" out of the box for me.

I just installed the drivers from ATI, plugged in the remote. Confirmed that it was working within Windows, then installed XBMC.

When I say worked, I mean that the mouse cursor moves, the left and right click buttons work, and the up down left right and OK (select) buttons work.

I had to customized one button as described above to be my ESC key.

I haven't tested the rest to see if they work or not at this time.

Since that remote lives on top of Windows, all native Windows functionality that is native to XBMC will also work, hence the directional and clicking working out of the box. The rest seems to require Remote Wonder plugins.
Can the 360 universalremote be used?
MoDe2006 Wrote:Original remote control Xbox + USB adaptor work perfect with REMOTEXBMC 2.0 (drivers includ )

the link goes to the 1.0 version HuhHuh??

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
4 remotes, no luck.0