Bugs and Suggestions (4x3 Aspect Ratio)
This thread is for people to post if they find any issues with the skin when running it on 4x3 aspect ratio skins. (If you have issues with other displays then continue to post in the usual Bugs and Suggestions Thread.)

There has been a lot of work over the last few weeks to get the skin working for users who run the skin on a 4:3 (non-widescreen) display but there has not been the same level of testing as we did before originally releasing the skin so please be patient if you find any issues.

If you do find any issues (and I'm pretty sure there will be a few) then please post here and clearly explain what the issue is (or provide a screenshot) and we will aim to resolve it ASAP.

Thanks and I look forward to your feedback Big Grin

PLEASE NOTE: The skin is being developed based on the latest version of XBMC (T3CH release for Xbox and up to date builds for other platforms) so please make sure you have the latest version before posting about any problems.
I want to start with I love this skin. Wonderful and I have can say enough about how beautiful it looks and how easy it is to navigate.

I love the 4:3 support but I have been having an issue with font size. Many people I noticed have posted about font sizes being too small even if you select Bigger and Massive. I had same issue. I noticed there was not a NTSC folder however there was a PAL folder. I created a NTSC folder and copied the files over and TADA... my fonts adjusted and things looked MUCH better. I am sure there are some dimentions off since PAL and NTSC are not the same obviously. Would it be possible to include a NTSC folder in the next release with the "correct" settings? I am way to new at this to figure out how to change those.

2nd question I have been trying to find out how to add something else to your main menu. Instructions I found refer to a home.xmlbut i cannot find one with this skin. Maybe you could provide assistance on how we would do this or if you really want to make my day add You Tube option to the main menu Smile

Thanks again, for a wonderful skin.
The Home.xml is the 720p folder.
Hi skunkm0nkee and Razorfish team and MediaStream community,

I've been playing around with MediaStream for a while and finally set up everything with the TV, 32" CRT, NTSC.

I have done the same thing as RickR and copied and pasted the PAL folder to make an NTSC folder with the same contents and it looks great except for an issue described below.

When I select NTSC 4:3, it shows up larger than the whole screen in 640x480 and 720x480. (I can display up to 1024x768 in Windows Displays Settings for the TV as source) The (full screen) option always selects the resolution I have currently set in Windows which makes text hard to read.

Question: How do I get it to select NTSC 4:3 in full screen as default and properly fit it on the screen?

My PC specs are below. Also, have ATI Catalyst Control 8.4 installed.

Thank you very much for your help.

HTPC: Windows XP SP3, Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 2.13 GHz, 2 GB RAM, ATI Radeon 3850, 1TB + 250 GB SATA Internal HDDs, External HDDs
Remote: Microsoft MCE2 USB Receiver and Remote, IR Server Suite

neoanderson2002 Wrote:I can display up to 1024x768 in Windows Displays Settings for the TV as source

Then that's the resolution you should be using to get XBMC running in fullscreen.
Thanks for the tip.

I'm using the highest resolution output 1024x768 (full screen) to TV and text was small. I've upped everything by 10 in font.xml in both the newly created NTSC folder and the 720p folder and it looks great. Weather text is too big so it cuts off with "..." and all list views show scrolling text with the limited space. Some more tweaking and it should be fine.

Suggestion: For 4:3, maybe there can be a more fine tuning mechanism for font size in the Appearance settings? Instead of default and bigger, maybe +1 to +10 font size? I understand that it messes with the esthetics design of the skin to just increase everything uniformly across the board but for text legibility, it's a good tradeoff IMO! BTW, I am using a different language (Chinese (Traditional)) which does not need as much width as roman alphabet text, if that makes any difference.

Thanks for all the help and keep up the great work guys!

HTPC: Windows XP SP3, Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 2.13 GHz, 2 GB RAM, ATI Radeon 3850, 1TB + 250 GB SATA Internal HDDs, External HDDs
Remote: Microsoft MCE2 USB Receiver and Remote, IR Server Suite

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bugs and Suggestions (4x3 Aspect Ratio)0