• 13(current)
[RELEASE] TED Talks (Video) Plugin
Is there a way currently to display the talk length when pressing info or adding a column in Newest talks. It currently appears in info ONLY after you have played the talk.
Big Ups, Great plugin, thanks Big Grin
How can I see subtitles for Ted video?
It say that there are internal subtitles, but I don't see them
Hi guys

couple of days ago my TED Talks plugin just stopped responding. After some investigating, this seems to happen only when selecting talks via "Topics" list. If I select a talk via "Newest talks" list, everything seems fine.
The error in the first case that I see in GUI is "Action 'playVideo' failed. Try re-creating the item."

Log file @ http://xbmclogs.com/pknfy7ew7

Log line no. 784 is the result of selecting talks via "Topics" list. It's the same for every talk in the "Topics" list, whichever the chosen Topic.
Log line no. 941 onwards are the ones resulting from the talk selected via "Newest talks", which plays fine.

UPDATE:
If I search for the problematic talk (which won't play via "Topics" list) through plugin's search menu, and THEN play it (once found), it plays fine.

Robz
TED talks has been broken for a few months now,
for me it's a killer app, would be nice if someone would be able to get it going again.
Perhaps I'm mistaken, but are they not all on youtube anyway?
I made a very simple Ted addon that sources it's video files from Youtube, thanks Shorty for that bit of info.

If you want to try it out you can get it from here. You may use it but don't assume I will ever update it as I have little programming skills at the moment. I simply took a working addon, added a few lines specific for Ted and called it a day.
There are 6 list items when you enter the addon. Once you select one of the initial 6 you will see the videos associated with them along with a "Playlists" option at the top. There is no search option (at least at this time). If you know what you are doing with python and wish to improve what is currently available the sources are sitting in my github waiting for someone to polish it up Smile

Hope it helps someone here.
Hey more ginger are you still around and /or maintaining this?
Has anyone tried using the Youtube version I posted above? I'm curious if it is working for people.....
I input "en,vi" to language code option to have English and vietnamese sub. But it's not working. Just have eng sub. How can i fix that?
Thanks.
I get this error (tail) when I open TED today.

[edited for code in the forums + added link to paste-bin]

http://pastebin.com/0XTrAnCy
Please post logs with a public paste-bin and link them back to the thread.

Ted Talks is working for me, and the augmented reality video was 11 minutes of fluff. Perhaps a restart, or some other add-on has overwritten code. plugin.video.TedTalksYoutube.zip seems to work, although I haven't fully worked it yet. Perhaps a proper debug log posted to a public paste-bin and linked back to this thread would cast some light if 'mrdally204' version doesn't suit?
(2016-02-15, 19:54)Razze Wrote: Hey more ginger are you still around and /or maintaining this?

Well, kinda Wink

It doesn't seem possible to subscribe permanently to this thread, I get replies for a bit when I post and then it stops. And I forget to poll it.

If there's an issue and you raise it on GitHub then I'll at least see it!

FWIW there are Travis-CI tests running now so I should know about most problems quickly.
(2016-08-02, 13:10)andydo611 Wrote: I input "en,vi" to language code option to have English and vietnamese sub. But it's not working. Just have eng sub. How can i fix that?
Thanks.

It uses the subs in the first language that matches, from left-right. Try "vi,en".
(2015-04-15, 17:31)djgrazzy Wrote: Is there a way currently to display the talk length when pressing info or adding a column in Newest talks. It currently appears in info ONLY after you have played the talk.
Big Ups, Great plugin, thanks Big Grin

Most of the listing pages don't have that information, or didn't when I wrote them (let me know if I'm wrong), so I'd have to query every individual talk page to get it which doesn't seem good. The RSS feed does which is why the New Talks one should have them (?).
There exists a problem with the latest Ted Talks 4.2.10 release.

It seems the full name of the plugin has changed. Previous releases had the name "plugin.video.ted.talks". The new 4.2.10 has the last period changed to a dash character "plugin.video.ted-talks".

I noticed this on Jan 17th. The auto-update failed, and when I checked the logs I noticed the 404 error code (which I know is a not found error) when trying to download the 4.2.10 release. This is because it was looking for the 4.2.10 release in the "plugin.video.ted.talks" directory. If you look at the http server, I see there was a new "plugin.video.ted-talks" directory created on Jan 17th, and inside there is the 4.2.10 release.

Question: Was this done in error, or is there a new name for the ted talks addon? I believe the rename is broke auto-update.

NOTE: I posted this same thing over at http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2505258 as I thought it was the correct place to post problems about the addon. But searching for "ted talks" on the forums I found this thread.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] TED Talks (Video) Plugin5