• 7(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows XP with IR Server Suite
No dice.
Remote still non-responsive.
Sad
did you configure in your IRSS which button is supposed to trigger which XBMC-event?
without that, you will of course get no response! (or have you set it to emulate keyboard?)
Here's what I did last night.

1) Uninstalled IR Server Suite.
2) Re-installed the XP MCE IR Receiver drivers (native windows drivers)
3) Remote now works as it did before.
4) Set up my Harmony Remote to use an MCE Keyboard (per forum suggestion).
5) Mapped the buttons that were not working (play, pause, stop, etc.) through the Harmony Remote software.

Almost fully functional.

I just moved recently from Media Portal to XBMC. Before that I used XBMC on a Gen. 1 XBOX for about 7 years.
I have to say, as nice as Media Portal looks, XBMC beats it hands down.
Much more responsive!
And, I haven't had any problems playing any kind of media whatsoever.
Thanks for all the help Q.
glad its working for you now...
though you might want to look at EventGhost instead of IRSS, I dont know IRSS but EventGhost with MCE remote and xbmc does not leave any wishes open for me...
the focus does not even need to be on xbmc in order for it to work so i can work on the computer while my wife controls xbmc on the TV Smile
Smile 
Hi. I'm trying to get IR Server Suite to work with my MCE remote under XBMC. I have installed IRSS correctly i think. But i am missing a lot of the buttons. There used to be a file at http://www2.vhl.tudelft.nl/~rloggen/xbmc/XBMC MCE remote info BETA 1.zip that I used earlier.

Does anyone else have these or other files that i can install under the xbmc folder?
sveinhf Wrote:Hi. I'm trying to get IR Server Suite to work with my MCE remote under XBMC. I have installed IRSS correctly i think. But i am missing a lot of the buttons. There used to be a file at http://www2.vhl.tudelft.nl/~rloggen/xbmc/XBMC MCE remote info BETA 1.zip that I used earlier.

Does anyone else have these or other files that i can install under the xbmc folder?

I'm looking for this file also. The link in the original post to the files needed for this guide does not work. :-(
I´m looking for them to!
Could someone please repost the drivers? thanks.
+3 - looking for the files. Could someone please repost the files; pretty please.

Phred
For future reference: you don't need those dead link files, I've just followed this guide any everything is working. You can literally use any remote as IR Remote Suite will show everything seen by MCE receiver as MCE signals. Just remap button number in IRSSmap.xml and you're ready to go.
Regards,
Embrion
download links are dead, can anyone supply new ones?

chears
Eeeem look one post back? ;>
Regards,
Embrion
Hello,

I want to use XBMC with my Harmony 880, I configured the Remote in the settings.

It works but I can't go back to menu, if a video is playing I can't set the settings for Language, Undertitle or Audio - I don't see the menu for that...

Please tell me how I have to configure xbmc.

THX

Best Regards

Lukas
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows XP with IR Server Suite0