introducing SUI
Martomo Wrote:You guys been thinking of custom backgrounds, fanart or just keeping it clean?

all of the above.
earlgrey Wrote:our plan is similar to that but we have a few ideas up our sleeves Wink
That is how I did the custom color picking in containment. Even had a little script at one time with a bunch of preloaded color options to let you change them "on the fly"
This looks great! Simple and clean. I hope it is easy to use, too. What do you think about my usability suggestions?
I've been following this link quietly till now. Now I need to shout. Damn this thing is looking real good.

Keep it up.
Atramhasis Wrote:This looks great! Simple and clean. I hope it is easy to use, too. What do you think about my usability suggestions?

Sorry atramhasis, we're making extensive use of hidden until focused controls, in our defense though they are for the most part the kind of controls you won't be using in general usage for novice users, and I've tried to make the navigation as intuitive as possible directions wise. Reserve judgment until you use it is all I'll say.
xb2iris Wrote:no problemo... take ur time... good things come to those who take their time... and this definately seems to be heading in that direction...
You might be the first person I've seen on this forum say "it's cool guys. i can wait." Big Grin

Freddo Wrote:we're making extensive use of hidden until focused controls, in our defense though they are for the most part the kind of controls you won't be using in general usage for novice users, and I've tried to make the navigation as intuitive as possible directions wise.
Atramhasis, we try to consider usability as much as possible. It's both important to me and Freddo that SUI stays intuitive. From my experience, I've had friends who have never used XBMC pick it up and start playing movies without a problem and the skins not even finished yet! Smile
It's not fancy like earls awesome preview sheets but I wanted to post a screenshot for a change, so here it is, the episode-idle view in all its 720p glory.

Enjoy.
looks great Freddo...what are the grey arrows for at the side?
The previous and next episodes I presume.
yeah just so people aren't confused and they know they can still scroll left+right to other episodes.
Question 
Hi Freddo any idea when will we be able to enjoy this skin i check everyday for christmas from your guys anyway thank for the infor peace out to all have a great weekend Big Grin
take your time guys, looks great, looking forward to this as my main skin. perfect balance of elements...
Freddo Wrote:It's not fancy like earls awesome preview sheets but I wanted to post a screenshot for a change, so here it is, the episode-idle view in all its 720p glory.

Enjoy.

Hmm that "s1e4" won't be there right? It looks kinda geekish Wink

Also IMO the thumbnail looks out of place... it disrupts the elegance of the simple skin. Personally I don't think that TV show thumbnails are necessary at all. In fact sometimes they are not desirable since they may contain spoilers. Also, I think that the thumbnail could be omitted. The purpose of thumbnails is being able to recognize the content better. This obviously works with pictures. But with video, especially something like a tv show, it doesn't really work well. It's simply hard to recognize a tv show episode by its thumbnail. I guess it also depends on the show, but I'm sure this is the case with most shows.

So I don't know if it would be the best thing, but it might be worth considering, especially since it seems that the theme of the skin is to keep the presentation simple and low profile.

Anyway, the mockups looks great, keep it up. BTW I hope my feedback is helpful Wink
@migueld

we'll be keeping the thumbnails. SUI is meant to have these things because it's purpose is to bring focus to them and be out of the way. careful considerations go into every view, and we've tried to take out everything we think is irrelevant to the simple navigation, bringing focus to the media.

about a release date:

sadly, freddo and i have gotten to a kind of lull in the development process. freddo recently acquired himself a job Smile and i am a full time university student. with that said, i'm looking for another XML coder. freddo does almost all the code work, while i focus on design and the intuitiveness. if SOMEONE were to come along, SUI could be out in a few weeks! PM me if you're interested, and i'll let you know more about it.

don't worry, SUI is not dead! if no one wants to help me code, my plan is to have an alpha release by the end of november. but it may not have all the features implemented
I just wanted to chime in and say I'm really sorry this has happened to the development, but real life had to take priority, I'll have a bit more free time soon when my schedule sort of shuffles through with all the relocating etc and I've said to earlgrey I'm more than happy to mentor for him and fix any particularly difficult problems he might come up against I just don't have the raw hours to work complete the whole skin anymore.

what I've done already is quite extensive though and I am running this on my own XBMC installations so don't think it'll be completely abandoned or anything, if the worst comes to the worst I'll continue to work on it just at a dramatically reduced rate.

again thanks for all your comments and support.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
introducing SUI0