• 3(current)
[Request] TVNZ OnDemand
I just installed this and it works a treat (after manually installing script.module.beautifulsoup from a zip).

Thanks very much for your work on this, very well done.

hads
KidKiwi, I posted the new version last night, but although I added BeautifulSoup as a "requires" in the addon.xml file, it isn't automagically downloaded. I have the YouTube plugin installed on both the boxes I'm testing my plugin with (Linux and Windows), and I think maybe the BeautifulSoup script is installed with YouTube.

Also, as far as the install is concerned, hopefully the plugin can be added to a repository some time soon.

Hads, great to hear that the plugin works! I think I saw recently that you're trying out XBMC. How is it working out for you at the moment? Also, I don't know if you're interested, but it looks like there'll be an effort to sort out a PVR plugin for MythTV in the near future. If you're able to to help, you can express your interest in the thread at:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=82015
Author of the NZ OnDemand and ZoneMinder addons, and caretaker of the pyamf script. Contributor to fanart.tv, TheMovieDB and TheTVDB.
Hi Mark (just put two and two together with your username).

I have the Youtube addon installed but had no beautifulsoup addon, not sure where you got yours.

XBMC is working out great, we still use both (launch XBMC from mythfrontend) but XBMC is preferred for most things except live TV and recordings. I'm certainly interested in helping push the PVR plugin forward, thanks for the pointer.
Hmm, the beautifulsoup module should be installed just fine once you install the tv3 addon if you have it in the <requires> section.

I'll check it in a bit.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I tested by deleting the BeautifulSoup script folder from addons, then restarting XBMC and starting the TV3 plugin. The plugin failed and the script wasn't installed. The addon.xml includes the following:

Code:
<requires>
    <import addon="xbmc.python" version="1.0"/>
    <import addon="script.module.beautifulsoup" version="3.0.8"/>
  </requires>

I also tried again by removing the zip file for BeautifulSoup from the packages folder and deleting the script folder, but with the same problem.
Author of the NZ OnDemand and ZoneMinder addons, and caretaker of the pyamf script. Contributor to fanart.tv, TheMovieDB and TheTVDB.
Dependencies get installed only on install of the addon itself.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Ah, that explains it then! As I've just dropped my plugin into the folder it's not going to install the BeautifulSoup script.

I guess the way to fix this is to get the plugin hosted in one of the unofficial repositories for now, and possibly the official repo later on. I suppose I could always create my own repository on google code, but I think there's enough of them out there already:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Uno...positories

I'll have a look and see if there's a repo that's well suited to On Demand TV plugins and willing to host the TV3 plugin, and also the TVNZ plugin (if that's okay with you, Jonathan).
If you install from zip it'll grab the dependencies.

If you don't mind checking through the requirements for the official repo, and fixing up anything that needs doing then we can get it into the official repo.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Sounds good - I'm just reading the requirements at the moment at:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Off...Repository
I think the only additional thing would be a disclaimer regarding the fact that it uses RTMPE in the <disclaimer> section of addon.xml: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=82123

Other than that we'd be all good - send a mail to the list and our repo overlords will do their thing.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Jonathan, do you want me to get the TVNZ plugin ready as well and submit them both at the same time?
Sure - go for it.

Both plugins have been accepted into the official repo for Dharma, and are showing up already when I search for addons in XBMC. I have to say, I'm impressed with the speed this all happened - Spiff not only responded within minutes, but also helped with a localization patch!

Jonathan, to submit your plugin I had to create a new repo at:

http://github.com/markhoney/plugin.video.tvnz.ondemand

I've given your github account rights to the repo. Do you want me to maintain the plugin from now on? - I'm quite happy to do this.
Sure - that'll be great. One less thing for me to worry about Smile

Nice work on the tv3 plugin - works great - my wife will be quite happy as now she can watch "Project Runway" at a sane time :p

Cheers,
Jonathan

Just checked the system and everything is functional. The TV3 plugin now works for me Big Grin

Excellent work both you guys NodCool
A great addition - Thx muchly

PS - As an extra thought...any chance these could be combined to give all the listings under one plugin (So you don't have to switch between them).
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Request] TVNZ OnDemand2