• 4(current)
[Request] TVNZ OnDemand
Good question regarding the merging of the plugins. It may be worth it, if I can come out with a nice way of merging them seamlessly. I'll have a look into it on the weekend.

Also, do you know of any other OnDemand services in NZ that I can merge into a unified NZ TV plugin?
Author of the NZ OnDemand and ZoneMinder addons, and caretaker of the pyamf script. Contributor to fanart.tv, TheMovieDB and TheTVDB.
markhoney Wrote:Good question regarding the merging of the plugins. It may be worth it, if I can come out with a nice way of merging them seamlessly. I'll have a look into it on the weekend.

Ooohhhh...lets hope Laugh

Quote:Also, do you know of any other OnDemand services in NZ that I can merge into a unified NZ TV plugin?

No I don't. but I'll have a suss and see what I can see.
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
Been using this for a few days and the TV3 one too. Awesome plugins thanks a lots guys.
ok i may live in the low tec low fi pastSad. can't quite see this plugin on the repo installer... could it be i'm not seeing clearly or is it totally beyond the imagination of an old xbox1 (running xbmc ?9.11?)?
thanks
xbox support was dropped 2 years ago. you go figure. head over to the xbmc4xbox forums, maybe someone has ported it, who knows.
ok thanks. back to my retro cave with the like minded off i goShocked
Excellent work Guys,

NZ plugins are looking superb and a real asset to XBMC. Very handy for catching up with missed episodes.

On the combined NZ plugin front, you could consider adding ziln.co.nz

Not for the live TV streams, but they have a lot of ondemand NZ based sports / special interest and archive programmes.
Only looked recently so not sure if they change the lineup very often or whether the programmes are fairly static, but some good stuff in there.

Thanks,

Dave
Great, thanks for pointing the Ziln site out - I'll have a look at integrating this and the two existing plugins this weekend.
Author of the NZ OnDemand and ZoneMinder addons, and caretaker of the pyamf script. Contributor to fanart.tv, TheMovieDB and TheTVDB.
markhoney Wrote:Great, thanks for pointing the Ziln site out - I'll have a look at integrating this and the two existing plugins this weekend.

Thx Mark. I know I've been busy bashing out logos Laugh. Me too.
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
Hi,

I have an xbox running XBMC... Am I right in reading that I can't run these scripts and enjoy the product of your fine work?

If it is possible, can someone please explain to me how to install and run the TVNZ/TV3 plugins?

Regards,

XENBBQ.
KidKiwi,

Yeah, I've managed to create a few logos for lockstockmods, although I've pretty much created them now for all the TV series I have. I've started working on deconstructing the Ziln RTMP URLs, and I've nearly got there - hopefully I'll have cracked it this evening and can get on with scraping the site and integrating all 3 sites into one plugin.

XENBBQ,

I have a friend who is borrowing my only XBox, so I'm not quite sure what changes I need to make to make the plugin XBox compatible - hopefully I can do something clever within Python to make it work for the XBox. Otherwise, I noticed yesterday that on the XBMC4XBox site there's a comment in the most recent news item that says:

Quote:Python updated to 2.4.6 as well as improved compatibility for addons intended for mainline xbmc.

I'm not sure what you have to do to get the plugins to work with the XBox version, but I believe there's a plugin for XBox over at XBMC Passion that may help.
Hah, I've figured out the URL scheme for Ziln. As with the TV3 site, I had a to a memory dump of the browser when viewing a video, and have pieced together the following:

Code:
rtmpdump -t "rtmp://flash1.e-cast.co.nz/ecast" -a "ecast" -y "mp4:/ziln/archivesnzchannel/2204/Weekly_Review_No_67_768k.mov" -r "rtmp://flash1.e-cast.co.nz/ecast/mp4:/ziln/archivesnzchannel/2204/Weekly_Review_No_67_768k.mov" -W "http://www.ziln.co.nz/player/login.swf" -o ZilnTest1.flv -V

Within each webpage, there's a variable called streamurl which holds the part of the URL that's specific to the video being viewed:

Code:
so.addVariable("streamurl", "archivesnzchannel/2204/Weekly_Review_No_67_768k.mov");

All I need to do now is work out the easiest way of scraping the site (it'd be nice if there are RSS feeds) to build a hierarchy for the menus.
I've integrated the TVNZ and TV3 plugins, but Ziln have now changed their website. I'm in the process of updating the scraper for their site, but haven't checked their streaming URLs. Hopefully things haven't changed much, or at the very least that they're still using RTMP!!

I'll release the new, integrated plugin after I've got Ziln working.
Hmmmm, so Ziln appear to have changed everything about their site! I've managed to snoop the URL for a video:

http://ziln.co.nz/assets/videos/airsidet...p_384k.mp4

However, I'm not sure how to get the URL from the page that loaded it:

http://ziln.co.nz/video/1

I'll have a good poke around and see what I can find.
Thanks Mark,

Looking forward to the new combined plugin. Smile

Pity about Ziln, just bad timing i guess on them changing their site and ruining all the work you put into working out how to extract the videos.

Looks like they are revamping their content though and say they are adding heaps more videos. (hopefully, coz it's looking pretty sparse compared to before)

Let's hope they haven't made their new streaming method impossible to find the url's, it would be a good addition to a combined NZ plugin.

cheers,

Dave
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Request] TVNZ OnDemand2