MediaStream v0.91 Released
I want to first congratulate anyone who has been at all involved with this skin. Truly remarkable piece of work.

I am using this with the latest SVN build of XBMC. I have had quite a few more freezes when MediaStream is enabled over Project Mayhem. Maybe you are already aware of this stuff though as I am relatively new to the skin, but it's done this the past 3 versions.

If I scroll between options on the home screen really fast, the splash images disappear and quite often the entire program freezes. That's a big one.

Another thing I have noticed is odd incompatibilities or freezes when playing certain video files. They'll play great in Project Mayhem, but then fail on MediaStream with the same options (only setting I change is Skin).

Also, some video files I play in MediaStream don't allow me to use the d-pad or analog stick to skip ahead or back. I just get the info box. Playing the same videos in Project Mayhem allows me regular skip around ability.

Finally, and this is an extremely minor nitpick, and maybe not fixable, but the engine is fairly picky at detecting tv show episodes. If files are not named very precisely with title and episode and season number, they are not detected. But I realize there must be limits.

I can make these bugs happen pretty regularly. Again, I don't want to complain as I think this is the coolest thing I have ever seen XBMC do. I just want to help you all make it perfect!

Anything else you need tested or more info let me know. AND THANK YOU!
I'm guessing you're using the xbox and these sounds like memory issues to me. In the next few weeks we'll have a new liter theme available specifically to help alleviate memory issues on the xbox.
markiz Wrote:always when entering tv shows, I end up in movies. I've set up my sources like this (see below) and I've also set the content type on my tv series folder to be "TV".

I still haven't solved this issue. But in Aeon there is a specific setting that enables the linking between the menu and the sources. It's found in Aeon -> Home Shortcuts. There I can specify what source I want to use for a specific shortcut.

It would be great if you could add this option to MediaStream as well. This is a must for anyone that is using file view...
4:3 Looks great!!

I have to admit that a couple weeks ago I was excited to hear about the 4:3 support, and then when I downloaded .89 and .90 I wasn't seeing any difference in 4:3. I was busy and then on vacation, so last night I upgraded to .91 and realized I needed to change the "PAL" folder to "NTSC" now 4:3 is looking great, I can read the episode names, and descriptions from far away, the TV episode layout is looking awesome! Both the media preview, and showcase views look great! I've just started to use it so if I notice issues in the 4:3 resolution I'll let you know, but this is the best my Media Center has looked.
skunkm0nkee Wrote:I'm guessing you're using the xbox and these sounds like memory issues to me. In the next few weeks we'll have a new liter theme available specifically to help alleviate memory issues on the xbox.

Interesting! I wasn't aware that the skin had memory issues on the Xbox. Will the liter theme be a stripped down version? I'd hate to lose features.

I can pretty regularly crash MediaStream by just flipping thru the main screen options really quick for about 10 seconds, I can't help but wonder if other Xbox users are experiencing the same.

Thanks for all you guys are doing, truly amazing.
Liter theme will still have the same features, just the textures that make up the display will be reduced to lighten the memory load for the old xbox
I'm using the old xbox, use all features, got a lot of fanart but can't complain over the memory. I have memory problems but, I know it's low. So I give my box the time by using the harmony remote (setup fast as possible), it zaps a little bit slower. XBOX really likes that.
That's not a bad idea, actually - I should get the codes and toss that into my Harmony for the old xbox. I always find myself using the xbox wireless remote but there's no point really. I just wish I could power it on with the darn remote!

Liter sounds like a great idea though, that rocks. In the meantime I'll try my Harmony!
[quote=BDPNA]That's not a bad idea, actually - I should get the codes and toss that into my Harmony for the old xbox. I always find myself using the xbox wireless remote but there's no point really. I just wish I could power it on with the darn remote!

i use one of these to turn on the xbox via harmony remote
http://xir.us/xireasy.aspx
skunkm0nkee Wrote:You're right it isn't shown for lists, mainly because we expected people would only use list view for files mode but I don't see any reason why it couldn't be added

++ I second that request, please add Smile
Wow, great skin guys! Solves all the issues I have with Aeon, fantastic job. I have a few questions though:

1) How do I get the fan art on projector screen thing? I looked through the skin settings and didn't see the option anywhere? It currently just shows my fanart in the background, or if I set it to hide fanart it shows my TV backgrounds instead.
2) Is it possible to move the blade out of the way on the home screen? It takes up way more of the screen than it needs to (the menu texts only take up 1/2 of the blade, the rest is empty space) and it blocks off over 1/3 of my backgrounds. I like to leave my XBMC at the home screen cycling images but when 1/3 of the image is covered by the blade this doesn't work well. Maybe a button/option to hide the blade, or have it auto-hide after 10 seconds of inactivity or something... that would make the custom backgrounds much more practical to me.

Thanks guys, and great job again.
Hmm apparently I can't edit my post so I'll double-post. After using it a bit more it would be really handy if the Media Preview and Showcase modes had the letter display when you scroll quickly like the List does. It's a great way of telling how far you've scrolled as they whip by you, especially in the views with no text to catch a glimpse of.
midgetspy Wrote:1) How do I get the fan art on projector screen thing? I looked through the skin settings and didn't see the option anywhere? It currently just shows my fanart in the background, or if I set it to hide fanart it shows my TV backgrounds instead.
System -> Settings -> Skin -> Backgrounds -> Show Fanart on TV Wall

midgetspy Wrote:2) Is it possible to move the blade out of the way on the home screen? It takes up way more of the screen than it needs to (the menu texts only take up 1/2 of the blade, the rest is empty space) and it blocks off over 1/3 of my backgrounds. I like to leave my XBMC at the home screen cycling images but when 1/3 of the image is covered by the blade this doesn't work well. Maybe a button/option to hide the blade, or have it auto-hide after 10 seconds of inactivity or something... that would make the custom backgrounds much more practical to me.
Uncheck the following setting:

System -> Settings -> Skin -> Home -> Show Blade in Centre of Screen

This will move the blade further to the left of the screen

midgetspy Wrote:After using it a bit more it would be really handy if the Media Preview and Showcase modes had the letter display when you scroll quickly like the List does. It's a great way of telling how far you've scrolled as they whip by you, especially in the views with no text to catch a glimpse of.
Is in there for the next release
Hi guys, tnx for the great skin.
Please enable the Showcase view in files mode too, tnx Tongue
KoTiX Wrote:Hi guys, tnx for the great skin.
Please enable the Showcase view in files mode too, tnx Tongue

+1

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaStream v0.91 Released0