Scripts/Plugins update system
I was thinking, it would be amazing to have a plugin/script package system that works similar to aptitude or firefox's add-ons system. More specifically

- Auto Updates, Auto Updates, Auto Updates
- One central location to manage all plugins/scripts/version/info/updates
- Ability to add "repositories" to add/search/update plugins from (say a xbmcscripts.com or similar) (once again think apt system)
I am honestly surprised, I thought for sure there would be people jumping on this. Is this functionality already duplicated somewhere else that I am missing?

I have the xbmc-addons installer plugin, while really handy, doesn't quite do what I am going for here. (If I am somehow overlooking something about that plugin feel free to correct me)

Incidentally, I created a feature request on the trac
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/4892
there is already one in the works, a total installer/uninstaller/updater for scripts, plugins, skins.
Well that answers that ! ;-)

Out of sheer curiosity/feedback is there any info about it anywhere? My search turned up nothing.
shattered info.. not that much since it's worked on internally.

To answer your ideas on the trac, those and alot more is alrady covered.

Hopefully I will have this ready to ship with atlantis. But have my hands tied by family, work and a car that needs to pass inspection (exhaust values are bad)
Thanks for the update, don't do it enough to call myself a programmer but if you need any sort of random help or testing feel free to send me a message. Incidentally I posted the remainder of what I had thought of on the trac, kinda of a hybrid of the debian package system.

ah, good luck with the car !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scripts/Plugins update system0