[RFC] Un-trapping mouse while running fullscreen (SDL limitation/design-flaw)
bdallen Wrote:I created a new patch which I think is worthy of merging. It's available here:

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5836

Now that xrandr is used to set resolution, resolution changing actually works without mouse grab. To reflect this change, the option is now "nograbfullscreen" instead of "fittoscreen".

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <nograbfullscreen>true</nograbfullscreen>
</advancedsettings>

Once this is tested under lots of different dual-head setups I'd like to make it a checkbox in the settings gui instead of an advanced setting. Please test if you know how to patch/compile (or are willing to learn).

Was this accepted for inclusion in xbmc 9.11+1? I need this (xbmc 9.11 - ubuntu 9.10 amd64 here) and I don't have the means to compile from svn myself.
Yes I too would like to know if this patch has made it into XBMC by default, or if not, could it be updated to work with the latest SVNs...

Thanks

Adam
Digby Dude Wrote:Yes I too would like to know if this patch has made it into XBMC by default, or if not, could it be updated to work with the latest SVNs...

I attached an updated version of the advancedsetting variant of the patch to the ticket in Trac. And I'm also hoping for its inclusion in the next version...
Has anyone updated the gui_settings variant too ?? This is the one I am currently using and unable to use with the current SVNs...

Thanks,

Adam

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RFC] Un-trapping mouse while running fullscreen (SDL limitation/design-flaw)1