Apple remote
Hi.

When I first install XBMC-B1, Installer does not start the XBMCHelper. The remote however works fine when XBMC is manually started first.

When I start XBMCHelper manually, XBMC still wont start via the remote and I get this error msg from XBMCHelper:

"The file /Applications/XBMC.app/XBMC does not exist."

XBMC IS installed in /Applications and is named XBMC, however if I look inside XBMC.app, XBMC exec is located in /Applications/XBMC.app/MacOS/XBMC

Is this correct or can I correct this myself?

/Starg4ze
/Starg4ze

---
/Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/MacOS/XBMC is the correct path

Sounds like the LaunchAgent has the wrong path and we will looking why.

An easy fix is to make a sym link from the wrong path to the correct path

ln -s /Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/MacOS/XBMC /Applications/XBMC.app/XBMC

Thanks for reporting this bug.
The link works fine, thanks for the tip. I can now start the helper but unfortunately my remote doesnt operate after it starts xbmc. Any ideas please?
When you use the remote, does it do other things, like launch FrontRow or attempt to change the volume? (while XBMC is running)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Please read and follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, please make sure you read this first.

d4rk Wrote:When you use the remote, does it do other things, like launch FrontRow or attempt to change the volume? (while XBMC is running)

No, everything(of the things I've tried anyway...) works as expected.
/Starg4ze

---
no the remote does nothing other than actually launching xbmc. I have plex and front row on the mac but stopped both those apps helpers before launching the xbmchelper.

I'm an old xbox stalewart so find the apple remote to be pretty much pants but its all I have at the moment. Is there a technical reason why the xbox remote cant work with the mac IR reciever?
Cheekyboy Wrote:Is there a technical reason why the xbox remote cant work with the mac IR reciever?
It is not possible today as XBMC for Mac simply uses Mac OS X built-in API for the remote. It could maybe work with LIRC (if LIRC supports USB receivers on Mac, and XBMC for Mac supported LIRC on Mac). Feel free submit a new feature request on trac for tracking purposes, and please start a new topic thread in our feature suggestion forum (using the "[MAC]" prefix).

Wink
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Quote:I'm an old xbox stalewart so find the apple remote to be pretty much pants but its all I have at the moment. Is there a technical reason why the xbox remote cant work with the mac IR reciever?
Check out the XBox HID Driver for OS X:
http://xhd.sourceforge.net/
Please read and follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, please make sure you read this first.

Thanks D4rk that HID looks interesting. I see it needs a usb adapter and the old xbox dongle though. Guess I better get my soldering iron out Sad
I was hoping to find a solution using the MAC Mini's own IR detector. Is that a different type or something? I'm probably being dim but I pretty much expected the mac IR detector to pick up signals from any IR remote but only react to its own remotes codes. Guess I need to go do a bit more reading up Sad

Gamster, I'll post a feature thread if I find out its technically possible. At the moment I'm just fishing and hoping to get any remote working
My cable turned up today so now I have an xbox remote seen by the HID driver but I still cant get xbmc to recognise the remote Sad anyone else managed to get the old xbox remote working on a mac using this HID driver?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple remote0