Video Pass-Through Mode
Lightbulb 
I am a legacy xbmc for xbox user and am looking at moving to xbmc for linux on a set top box style HTPC. I have a question (and potential enhancement request) involving output video resolutions. Is there currently any type of video pass through mode that can be configured on xbmc for linux such that no scaling or de-interlacing is performed on the content prior to output. If not, is this something that is potentially feasible to implement? Are there limitations either in mplayer or in current linux video device drivers that would make this a challenge?

I would like to be able to pass unprocessed digital video over DVI/HDMI to an external device (like the upcoming DVDO Edge) to do the scaling and de-interlacing. I expect there would be lots of people interested in this functionality.
I was thinking the same thing, mainly windows though but really any platform. I plan on sending the video to a anthem statement d2 and would rather let it do all of the processing. I can't see how that would even work though. Hopefully someone smarter than me will chime in. I would like to keep the interface at full 1080p resolution but then have the video output at its native resolution.
The GUI and video output resolutions can be independently chosen from settings > appearance > screen and settings > videos > player respectively. I'm fairly certain any other post processing we do can be disabled either in the video settings or the video OSD.
That makes xbmc go from fullscreen to windowed though. Either that or I'm doing something wrong. Wouldn't the desktop resolution have to be changed at the same time for it to not go windowed?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Pass-Through Mode0