How do I make XBMC shutdown my Mac Mini on exit?
Question 
Hi
I want to buy a macmini

i have tested xbmc on my macair

how can i shotdown the macmini with the remote
when i exit xbmc?

thanks
tom
kapsreiter Wrote:Hi
I want to buy a macmini

i have tested xbmc on my macair

how can i shotdown the macmini with the remote
when i exit xbmc?

thanks
tom

I have the same problem.
I tried to execute XBMC with sudo but doesn't work too.
Some help??
did you read the forum title? *grump*
Hi,

I've tried to shutdown my Mac Mini (2009 version) under MacOSX from XBMC menu but only close the application, not the full system. Is it possible to shutdown the system by using only the Apple Remote?
el_Salmon Wrote:Hi,

I've tried to shutdown my Mac Mini (2009 version) under MacOSX from XBMC menu but only close the application, not the full system. Is it possible to shutdown the system by using only the Apple Remote?

Yes but it's mapped to quit right now. many users expect the shutdown exit to quit the app and enabled the shutdown to actually shutdown is going to be a rude awakening.

Still thinking on how to resolve this, suggestions ?
As someone who uses his Mac Mini solely for XBMC on my LCD TV and Digital Amp (no keyboard or mouse attached), I personally wouldn't be rudely awoken if the shutdown option did indeed attempt to shutdown the machine rather than simply quit out of XBMC. A seprate option for "Quit" and "Shutdown" would make sense to me.

Without a keyboard or mouse, I currently use OS X's Energy Saver settings to automatically turn the Mini off cleanly every night.
Maybe I will just turn it on, then everyone can re-train themselves to do an exit instead of shutdown. )
I think the same like Fergus.
Thumbs Up 
davilla Wrote:Maybe I will just turn it on, then everyone can re-train themselves to do an exit instead of shutdown. )

That is a great idea. Now only to get that working for ATV so it goes into standby, then we would really be cooking...
MontyAus Wrote:That is a great idea. Now only to get that working for ATV so it goes into standby, then we would really be cooking...

ATV and standby are useless functions. No power is saved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I make XBMC shutdown my Mac Mini on exit?0