Win HOW-TO make XBMC for Windows boot as a Shell in Full Screen (the easy way)
(2012-06-24, 19:57)wally101 Wrote: The guide worked a treat.

The only thing is:
1) I want XBMC to load to fullscreen when the cpu starts (which it does thanks to the guide)
2) I still want to be able to press \ and put XBMC into window mode so I can use my cpu as normal, which when I do now is just a black screen with nothing on it

So I want it it to boot straight into the XBMC shell but also have the explorer shell startup but remain hidden until I shrink XBMC

Is there anything that can do this?

If you want to have full Windows functionality available, this would be the way I'd do it:
- drop a shortcut to XBMC into your startup group
- set the windows taskbar to auto-hide
- set the desktop background to black
- hide your desktop icons

This would make it look like XBMC is the shell, but still give you the "\" option you were looking for
4x R-Pi4b LibreELEC v10 | Aeon Nox: SiLVO | Flirc cases
Storage Synology DS411 | 4 x WD RED 6TB
Software MariaDB 10.4.19 | Filebot | Ember Media Manager
wiki (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | Debug_Log (wiki) | mysql (wiki) | artwork (wiki)
Used this shell way too, worked perfectly, but have to install aeon skin (which isnt available inside xbmc...)
So i have to download it manually but i cant access windows anymore
I get a black screen also
Try my XBMCLauncher.
(2012-08-20, 08:29)baijuxavior Wrote: Try my XBMCLauncher.

i did, and i even replied in your topic
I used 1. EventGhost Method found on the wiki page. Everything works fine except the EventGhost windows pops up for about 2 seconds before XBMC launches. Is there a way to hide/minimize the EventGhost window while it is being used as the shell?
Nvm, it doesn't show up anymore. But now when I use New Task.. in the Task Manager to get back to windows using explorer.exe it only opens the My Computer folder, did I mess something up here
I installed SilentLaunch and did the InstantSheller. Windows 8 will boot into the XBMC shell. However, there is a command screen that opens prior to XBMC loading. Any ideas how to hide the command screen? (It's a blank window that is titled SilentLaunch.exe)

Thanks for you help!
Any ideas? I still have the empty command window that appears for a few seconds before XBMC loading. If anyone has suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate it!
Thanks for this; depending on demand, this has potential for a sticky when finished Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO make XBMC for Windows boot as a Shell in Full Screen (the easy way)4