• 3(current)
Computer hardware best suited 720p playback in XBMC today?
Avenger_Zero Wrote:Steps for buliding a custom media center made of XBOX:

Step 1: Get an old xbox or mod your already purchased box
Step 2: Get an Mod-Chip for xbox, solder it in
Step 3: Get an DVD-Kit and an ir-mod, solder it in
Step 4: Get an TOS-Link-Output (for the receiver) and solder it in
Step 5: Buy a Component-Cable or build your own for HD
Step 6: Install XBMC and custom it for after your wishes
Step 7: Buy or build a nice front-end for your new media center.
Done.
Linky linky linky!!!
Search the xbox-scene forums for the user jaredc07 and a post about "all outputs" it's real easy, I modded up a buddy's xbox with compsite/component/s-video/RCA/SPDIF outputs.
althekiller Wrote:Search the xbox-scene forums for the user jaredc07 and a post about "all outputs" it's real easy, I modded up a buddy's xbox with compsite/component/s-video/RCA/SPDIF outputs.
I found the thread, but no luck on the username... Ill just go through 24 pages.
HexusOdy Wrote:Most people want nothing more than 720p and 5.1 sound through Optical.

Full ACK!

I'm waiting for the Asus Eee Box and the stable XBMC (Live) Release Cool
Janolo Wrote:Full ACK!

I'm waiting for the Asus Eee Box and the stable XBMC (Live) Release Cool

I don't think that the EEEBox is powerful enough to handle even 720p.
Two months ago i bought a MEDION E2120 (the clone of MSI Wind) and i have tested it. Specs: Intel ATOM 230, 1GB DDR2, Intel GMA950, Windows XP SP3
Yesterday I tried to watch the Wall-E 720p-Trailer with VLC. It is not possible to look without stuttering. The CPU-Usage is about 40-50%, but it doesn't work. No
CASHMON3Y Wrote:Linky linky linky!!!

eBay: "High Definition HDTV HD TV AV Pack For Microsoft Xbox"

http://cgi.ebay.de/High-Definition-HDTV-....m63.l1177
Janolo Wrote:eBay: "High Definition HDTV HD TV AV Pack For Microsoft Xbox"

http://cgi.ebay.de/High-Definition-HDTV-....m63.l1177
Lol, I meant the link on how to make one. Those ones on ebay are like $20+ too much for me!
I think this thread is getting off course. The discussion is this thread is to find a viable successor to the xbox, not the xbox itself Smile
I have just tested xbmc for windows on my netbook. 720p-Movies work now without stuttering and a-sync audio, great Laugh. CPU-usage at about 50-60%. My specs to remember: Intel ATOM 230, GMA950, 1GB DDR2
Sadly no optical out on those laptops Sad
flxfxp Wrote:Sadly no optical out on those laptops Sad

No but there is on the EEE box. I think that settles it for me. I don't really need 1080p, 720p will be more than enough for me and at the price I think the EEE box is perfect.

The fact thats its tiny and can be mounted on the back of the TV is a bonus.
Nice! Let me know the results when you bought one Smile
Avenger_Zero Wrote:I don't think that the EEEBox is powerful enough to handle even 720p.
Two months ago i bought a MEDION E2120 (the clone of MSI Wind) and i have tested it. Specs: Intel ATOM 230, 1GB DDR2, Intel GMA950, Windows XP SP3
Yesterday I tried to watch the Wall-E 720p-Trailer with VLC. It is not possible to look without stuttering. The CPU-Usage is about 40-50%, but it doesn't work. No

I'm getting a Medion Akoya Mini (don't have it yet) and was thinking about adding XBMC to it, to use it as an occasional media center for trains, in-bed TV series watching, ... Did you try it with any resolution other than 720p?? Akoya is supposed to work at 1024x600, does it work fluently at that res?
Avenger_Zero Wrote:I have just tested xbmc for windows on my netbook. 720p-Movies work now without stuttering and a-sync audio, great Laugh. CPU-usage at about 50-60%. My specs to remember: Intel ATOM 230, GMA950, 1GB DDR2

Great News, and you can still verify that its not fully working with the VLC Media Player?

What about Media Player Classic + FFDShow (codec Packs)?
@ javiersorribes: It works like a charm. Absolutly no problem, i have tried the following skins:
* the default skins (Project Mayhem III and the other one I can't remember the name)
* Media Stream
The resolution is no problem, it works perfect with 1024x600, but you have to switch from "automatic resolution to "manuel resolution".
I have tried the 720p-Wall-E-Trailer and two SD-Movies, works without problems.

@ Janolo: I have tried the newest release of VLC. The CPU-Usage is no problem but i have video-stuttering and a-sync audio. I haven't tried WMP and the codecs yet.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Computer hardware best suited 720p playback in XBMC today?3