[WebAPI] Bug sending Action ID (key.h) with new dialog window
Hi everybody,

In my attempts to improve my remote touchscreen I've noticed a problem when a new dialog window is open in XBMC.

For example with these actions :
- xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=Action&parameter=11 #info menu
- xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=Action&parameter=24 #OSD menu
- xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=Action&parameter=117 #context menu

When sending these actions, the webserver returns a good value (OK) but the browser still search something.

In XBMC the dialog window is well opened but you can't send others Action ID through the webserver.

I think it's because the others Action ID are sent to the main window and not to the current window. So you can't escape from the current window. Is there a chance to fix this ?
Which dialog is on screen?

The action is sent to the main app, so it will first hit the dialog. If the dialog doesn't know what to do with it, the action is swallowed (it's a modal dialog, after all).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

For example the info movie dialog.

The strange thing is :
- If I open the dialog through an action ID, the next actions (go up, down, escape, etc.) are not executing in the dialog and I'm blocked ;
- But if I open the dialog through a "classical" way (keyboard, mouse), the action ID are well executing in the dialog and I can navigate and escape normally.

Is there a link between my problem and this recommendation in the webserver API for the use of action ID : "Be careful with this one since
it runs the action on the webserver thread and depending on the action could lock the GUI thread." ?
How are you opening the dialog exactly? Is this the "Movie information" dialog, i.e. the one where you see the director/genre info and can choose thumbs and so on?

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Yes it's the "Movie Information" dialog.

I'm opening it through this command : xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=Action&parameter=11

After that if you try send another action like xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=Action&parameter=10 (previous menu) or xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=Action&parameter=7 (select item) you can't.

Thanks for your help Jonathan
Hello Jonathan,

I found an other way to open a new window dialog without this problem : i'm using send key in place of action id.

I'm still thinking there is a problem with action id in this case but perhaps i'm wrong.

Thanks for your help and all your work on xbmc,
Francis

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WebAPI] Bug sending Action ID (key.h) with new dialog window1