[Request] TiVo Plugin or Script?
I managed to get streaming working from a hacked DirecTivo to an XBox running an earlier version of XBMC. The details are in this thread on Dealdatabase, specifically this post.

I already had AlphaWolf's "All-In-One S2 utils" installed on my DirecTivo, so I just ran ccxstream and then added the source in on the Xbox XBMC. It had problems buffering, but it did eventually play the source.

Unfortunately, the use of Mplayer was tossed by XBMC and it now uses DVDPlayer for its built-in. DVDPlayer doesn't understand the "ty" container that the Tivo writes, where Mplayer does. This is why it works on the old version of XBMC but not the new. I tried writing a playercorefactory.xml entry to handle the .ty extension:

Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MPlayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>/usr/bin/mplayer</filename>
<args>-really-quiet -fs -ontop -vo vpdau:deint=4 -vsync </args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<hidecursor>true</hidecursor>
<forceontop>true</forceontop>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="ty" filename="*.ty" player="MPlayer"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

However, all this does is pass an URI to Mplayer that it doesn't understand.
Code:
xbmc.old.log:21:36:17 T:140537571047696 M:3316793344  NOTICE: ExecuteAppLinux: "/usr/bin/mplayer" -really-quiet -fs -ontop -vo vpdau:deint=4 -vsync  "xbms://166.70.201.155:1400/NowShowing/ 11_Metalocalypse _ Black Fire Upon Us_7053822 .ty"

If there could be an intermediary handler to deal with the xbms protocol and pipe it into Mplayer this just might work. I'd really like to get rid of the Tivo I use solely for MRV to the main Tivo.Big Grin
Has there been anyone who continued to play with this and got it to work? I have two dtivo dsr-704's hacked, I can access them via TivoWebPlus on another PC. I switched to uverse, but have an XBMC htpc that streams movies from my windows home server no problem. I would like to access the 1000+ hours of recorded shows on the dtivos through XBMC. From searching many forums it appears that this was possible at one time. I have been able to get XBMC to ftp into the dtivos, but not stream the files.
xdel

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Request] TiVo Plugin or Script?0