Feature request - Genre Name whilst browsing!
Hi Guys,

Thanks for a fantastic Skin!

I posted this on the Plex/Mediastream Forum but thought it best to add it here;

Is it possible to display the Genre you are browsing at the top of the screen where is says Movies;

At the moment if you select a Genre in Movies it just displays "Movies" in the bar at the top of the screen - adjacent to the clock.

Would it be possible to change this to Display "Movies - Family" (depending on the Genre of course), that way you can see exactly what you are browsing. At present the only way to determine what Genre you are looking at is to back up to the selection menu. If this could be applied to all views in Library mode that would be great.

Thanks.
No it's not currently possible as far as I know. You could suggest it as a new feature but as you probably know XBMC is on freeze at the moment.
Thanks Wir3d!

I would have though this would just be Skin specific feature as opposed to XBMC as the information is already there. After all you would have just navigated to the genre and the system filtered your movies on the genre you have just selected. Still I am new to all this and will probably stand corrected.

Should I have posted somewhere else to request this as a feature in MediaStream?
There is currently no (foolproof) method that the skin can use to tell you came in via the Genre category so if we displayed the genre at the top it would be there whether you were browsing by genre or year etc.

Additionally the area at the top is not huge and a lot of movies have multiple genres so they would probably not fit in anyway (scrolling wouldn't look too good)
skunkm0nkee Wrote:There is currently no (foolproof) method that the skin can use to tell you came in via the Genre category so if we displayed the genre at the top it would be there whether you were browsing by genre or year etc.

Additionally the area at the top is not huge and a lot of movies have multiple genres so they would probably not fit in anyway (scrolling wouldn't look too good)

Thanks for the reply.

I understand that movies have multiple genres but I thought it would be nice just to display the genre you had actually chosen rather than all. Still, if it cannot be done then thats that.

Thanks again.
Rest assured if XBMC adopts this feature it will be added to the skin. As long as someone reminds us Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Feature request - Genre Name whilst browsing!0