TVShows vs. Movies
I'm having a problem with the seperation of the "TV Shows" and the "Movies". I have two folders on my HDD "Movies" and "TV Shows". I want those folders to be connected to the Home-Screen sections "Movies" and "TV Shows" - how do I do that? Because when I add e.g. e:\movies\" to the "Movies" section, it's automatically added to "TV Shows", too, because it's listed under the main section "Videos" - how can I seperate this?! Sad
I assume you aren't scanning items to the library?
If your not using library, the only way to get the links to go where you want is by editing home.xml.

If you are using library then see here:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Video_Library
home.xml? That file doesn#t exist anymore, does it? It's called sources.xml now - BUT: TVShows and Movies are both sublinks of VIDEOS - and cannot be seperated :x
(sources.xml relates to xbmc itself, whereas home.xml is within our skin)

If you are using the Videos sub-menu to access the Movies and TV Shows then you will needs sources in your sources.xml called movies and tvshows. As long as those sources are setup properly it should work
Mhh... I do not quite understand what you mean. Again - in the main menu of MediaStream I have now "Movies" and "TV Shows" - i want the content of "Movies" to be my movie files and the content of "TV Shows" to be the content of my tv-shows. When I enter those sections, they should be initially displayed without entering any other specified folder.

How is that possible and where do I have to change what to get what I want?
The main Movies and TV Shows items on the home page will take you to the Movies and TV Shows areas of your library. If you don't use the library then you'll need to do as Wir3d said above and edit the home.xml file to change the behaviour of the skin.

If you mean the Movies and TV Shows items in the Videos sub-menu then follow what I said above.
skunkm0nkee Wrote:The main Movies and TV Shows items on the home page will take you to the Movies and TV Shows areas of your library. If you don't use the library then you'll need to do as Wir3d said above and edit the home.xml file to change the behaviour of the skin.

If you mean the Movies and TV Shows items in the Videos sub-menu then follow what I said above.

Can I use the library mode without connecting to any scrape service like imdb? Because i made nfo-files for each of my files. Does that only work in library mode or also in file mode?
I think it should be ok to use the nfo files but I think you're better to ask that type of question in one of the xbmc forums as you'll get a much better informed answer

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVShows vs. Movies0