How to get ATI Radeon graphics card to work on xbmc? help!
Hi
i've recently had a customed media center pc made specifically for windows version of xbmc because its ace!
I'm running vista 32 home premium!
my setup is:

Hiper Slimline media centre case (black)
GA-MA78GPM-DS2H Motherboards with integrated HD3200 Graphics and sideport memory
AMD 4850e CPU (2x2.5ghz)
High grade copper slimline heatsink and AM2 adapter for fitting
2gb ram

this pc is connected via hdmi lead to my samsung 46" full hd lcd.

Since having this c made i've found ( by reading this forum ) that ATI Radeon graphics cards aren't great with xbmc! GREAT NEWS!
so is there a fix or a work around for me to get my ATI RADEON HD 3200 intergrated graphics to work or do i get rid of it and buy a Nvidia card?
Everything plays fine on powerdvd 7 blu ray rip dvds as well ( smooth as butter ) so is it a conflict between ati radeon and windows xbmc?
My problem is everything works fine on the new xbmc build for windows, beta 1,
music plays fine,
pictures play fine,
BUT when i play movies everything is great, picture quality, sound etc
but i get a motion judder on all films, ( all my films are dvd rips to video_ts folders playing from external hard drives ) if people etc stay still picture is excellent if they move abit theres a judder and every now and again a slight speed up! audio stays fine!
i've tryed all the picture ajustments in xbmc ( bob, weave etc ) i've changed all lcd refresh rates 24, 50, 60 etc, pal, ntsc, i've updated my ati driver to the latest 8.9 version, i've done fresh installs of xbmc and i've even put windows xp pro on the pc to see if it was a vista problem but it wasn't, i had the same prob on xp!
NOTHING WORKS!
am i missing something! i'd gladly pay to get this sorted!

thanks dmemphis, uk.
I use GA-780GM-S2H motherboard

It have same HD3200 graph card.

But I haven't your error

Maybe you can try ati 8.4 version graph card driver......
xbox1 Wrote:I use GA-780GM-S2H motherboard

It have same HD3200 graph card.

But I haven't your error

Maybe you can try ati 8.4 version graph card driver......

Hi
thanks for reply just tryed that but still the same! are you running vista 32 and have you tryed dvd rips to video-ts folders? or are you using different film formats?
cheers.......
You can try enable or disable v-sync. And you have to switch refresh rates according to fps of played films. But mostly it causes asynchronous audio on my HTPC (the same motherboard and CPU as you).

In Mediaportal it works well.
I have the same problem (with the same motherboard,cpu as you), its sad because i really like xbmc but i cant use it if the movies dont play right.
I tested RM/RMVB can't playback
MKV AVI MP4 can playback right
and res is from 640x272 to 1280x720
Thanks for all replys, tryed all suggestions so far and a hell of a lot more but still can't get this thing playing right! i never thought i'd miss the mac mini, that played 95% of the time correctly with this type of program! only changed back to windows for blu ray content ( which i know xbmc doesn't support just yet! )
any more suggestions? please keep them coming, maybe the next release will solve it?
heres hoping!
dmemphis..........
dmemphis Wrote:Thanks for all replys, tryed all suggestions so far and a hell of a lot more but still can't get this thing playing right! i never thought i'd miss the mac mini, that played 95% of the time correctly with this type of program! only changed back to windows for blu ray content ( which i know xbmc doesn't support just yet! )
any more suggestions? please keep them coming, maybe the next release will solve it?
heres hoping!
dmemphis..........

Same problem here. Worked like a charm in Windows XP but using Vista 32bits causes video judder. Almost tried every possible solution and nothing works. Starting to get frustraded because xbmc rocks..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to get ATI Radeon graphics card to work on xbmc? help!0