[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use Hauppauge 45 (or 34) button remote control in XBMC tutorial
Confirmed: three years later, and the OP's procedure still works like a charm (tested under Win7 64-bit).

Just make sure you follow the below advice too:

(2009-06-08, 23:50)ddbjr Wrote: If you have installed WinTV software that comes with the Hauppauage PVR 150, it includes IR software that supports the remote.
The modification specified in the beginning of this post does work with the IR software.

Note: in the Irremote.ini file, dont' forget to add 'XBMC=' in the section the poster identifies in the beginning of this post.

; First item in this section IS always the default app if no others found
[Applications]
Default=
XBMC=
Media Center=
IR Remote=

Thanks, guys!

...now I just need to get this working under OpenELEC ;-)

Really like the feel and responsiveness of these remotes; nice build...
I have a hauppauge colossus I have xbmc link to WM7 but I want to be able to use my remote with it but really lost. Can anyone give me some help with this?
Hi i upgraded from Frodo to Kodi and my Hauppauge remote does not seem to work in Kodi Sad How do i edit the remote.ini file to make it work in Kodi? Thanks in advance Smile
(2015-01-03, 03:16)pinelights Wrote: Hi i upgraded from Frodo to Kodi and my Hauppauge remote does not seem to work in Kodi Sad How do i edit the remote.ini file to make it work in Kodi? Thanks in advance Smile

Because the name of the application changed, you just need to change all instances of "XBMC" to "Kodi" in the remote.ini file.
(2015-01-25, 23:54)pefrase Wrote:
(2015-01-03, 03:16)pinelights Wrote: Hi i upgraded from Frodo to Kodi and my Hauppauge remote does not seem to work in Kodi Sad How do i edit the remote.ini file to make it work in Kodi? Thanks in advance Smile

Because the name of the application changed, you just need to change all instances of "XBMC" to "Kodi" in the remote.ini file.

Hi i know it's late but your suggestion worked like a treat so thank youRofl Also in case anyone wanted to launch Kodi w/o the installation of anything else (just editing remote.ini) this was what worked for me : i use the yellow button which seems to be unused for anything else to launch Kodi Nod Also use blue button to launch NPVR

;;these 3 buttons are not offical yet
RED={close(radio.exe)}{sleep(750)}{run(wintv2k.exe)}
GREEN={close(wintv2k.exe)}{sleep(750)}{run(radio.exe)}
TEXT={close(radio.exe)}{sleep(750)}{run(..\vtplus\vtplus32.exe)}
BLUE={run(C:\Progra~2\NPVR\NextPVR.exe)}
YELLOW={run(C:\Progra~2\Kodi\Kodi.exe)}

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use Hauppauge 45 (or 34) button remote control in XBMC tutorial2