IRTRans + MCE remote, how?
I have a Origene S16s which came with a built-in VFD/IR module (VF210) and a MCE remote. The included software is "IRTrans" and when testing with Mediaportal all buttons on the remote worked as it should. Since I didn't like Mediaportal I gave it up, I am now testing XBMC instead which I think looks very promising Smile

In XBMC, the remote works only partly. Up/down/left/right/OK-buttons works with the remote but that's pretty much it. I would like to activate other vital buttons such as volume-controls, pause, stop etc. Before I spend even more time to find a solution I thought it would be a smart idea to check here if there are any know issues with this combination of software/hardware that I should know about. If someone out there have useful information I would be happy if you could assist or point me in the right direction Smile
Star 
I have a Zalman HD160 case with IRTrans and use it with a Logitech Harmony One as MCE remote.
Till today I only have one working but unaesthetic solution to run it.
You have to edit the file C:\Program Files\IRTrans\remotes\apps.cfg to emulate key strokes.
The standard file supports cursor keys, that's the reason why these key are working for you.

I hope the following example will help you:

[APP]*
[ACTIVE]
[TYPE]KEY
[REMOTE]mediacenter
[COMMANDS][INDENT] UP [KEY]\UP
DOWN [KEY]\DOWN
LEFT [KEY]\LEFT
RIGHT [KEY]\RIGHT
OK [KEY]\ENTER
BACK [KEY]\BACKSPACE
VOL- [KEY]-
VOL+ [KEY]+
1 [KEY]1
2 [KEY]2
3 [KEY]3
4 [KEY]4
5 [KEY]5
6 [KEY]6
7 [KEY]7
8 [KEY]8
9 [KEY]9
0 [KEY]0
CLEAR [KEY]\BACKSPACE
ENTER [KEY]\ENTER
PLAY [KEY]p
STOP [KEY]x
PAUSE [KEY]\SPACE
REW [KEY]r
FWD [KEY]f
REC [KEY]\END
NEXT [KEY]\PGDOWN
PREV [KEY]\PGUP
INFO [KEY]i
EPG [KEY]t
[END-COMMANDS]
[/INDENT][END-APP]
Star 
I have tried to run the IR Server Suite with a Irtrans receiver and a MCE remote.

The xbmc.log reports the following:
INFO: IRServerSuite: Detected receivers: IRTrans,Windows Messages
INFO: IRServerSuite: Active receivers: IRTrans

I have enabled the remote debug info in the advanced settings, but I can't receive any signal.

The Debug Client from the IRSS also said that it's not configured to learn or blast commands. The only thing working seams to be the connect button.

I'm running XBMC on a Vista32 system.

Ideas?
Thumbs Up 
Thanks for the info Myxin, that was just what I was looking for. Now I can use more buttons on my remote and hopefully I shall be able to customize it to my own liking.

Smile
Hi,

IRTrans now supports XBMC native.

See here:
IRTrans Wrote:Hi all,
in the latest version of the IRTrans server we have added native support for IRTrans together with XBMC. By default the MS MCE remote is used.

However, another remote can be used by editing the apps.cfg file.

IRTrans

there is a better way to make IRTRans to work with XBMC.
Open the apps.cfg and paste the following code to the end of the file.
Code:
[APP]XBMC
  [ACTIVE]
  [TYPE]KEY
  [REMOTE]mediacenter
  [COMMANDS]
    BACK     [KEY]\BACKSPACE
    PLAY     [KEY]p
    STOP     [KEY]x
    PAUSE     [KEY]\SPACE
    REW     [KEY]r
    FWD     [KEY]f
    REC     [KEY]\END
    NEXT     [KEY].
    PREV     [KEY],
    INFO     [KEY]i
    EPG     [KEY]v
    HOME    [KEY]\browser_home
    rtv    [KEY]c
    rec    [KEY]\printscreen
    VOL-    [KEY]-
    VOL+    [KEY]+
    MUTE    [KEY]t
    CH+    [KEY]\PGUP
    CH-    [KEY]\PGDOWN
    LTV    [KEY]b
    DVDM    [KEY]n
    TELETEXT [KEY]o
  [END-COMMANDS]
[END-APP]
In the Keymap.xml add the following lines to the <global><keyboard> section
Code:
<c>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideo)</c>
      <v>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyMusic)</v>
      <b>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyPictures)</b>
      <n>ContextMenu</n>
      <t>Mute</t>
This will to the same as Myxin hack but it will only send the keystrokes to XBMC and not to all applicatons like Myxin hack.

Greetz
2fast2cool
ok I have done what 2fast2cool said, but nothing works or has changed when using the remote. Please help Huh

EDIT* never mind, I just needed to reload the IR database Laugh
i've got the same Origen case, and i'm using media center in windows 7. one of the tv keyword search options under media center allows the user to display an on-screen keyboard so that the remote can be used to enter alphanumeric search data. the problem is that media center indicates "press OK" to bring up the on-screen keyboard, but pressing OK doesn't do anything. i assume it's because the default IRTrans setup converts the OK to \Enter in apps.cfg.

any idea on how can i keep the enter function of the Ok button (which works everywhere else in media center) but have an actual Ok function or key sent for the on-screen keyboard?

thanks!
Can someone tell me how I can assign a remote button to actually start XBMC?
Please someone? Any IRtrans users out there?
hiya all, i have irtrans working with an mce remote.

it was quite easy actually

1) make sure the irtrans software is installed, and make sure the driver is installed (check in device manager) check the irtrans icon in the process tray blinks as you press the buttons on the remote

2) download Event Ghost

3) run eventghost, click file / new to get rid of the winamp shit, also clear log to make it easier to see

4) add the XBMC plugin

5) add the lirc plugin (if i recall correctly, default values are good)

6) pressing buttons on the remote should now cause things to appear in the list on the left of event ghost

7) drag and drop these "buttons" into the XBMC actions on the right side of event ghost

8) boot xbmc with event ghost running... all should be working fine?

For info.... the up, down, left, right, select, and number buttons natively work in xbmc, now event ghost is supposed to (i think) stop these getting through, but it doesnt seem to happen, so if you link those in eventghost too, then each button press will happen twice,

...so just leave the up, down, left, right, select, and number buttons alone, and set up all the other buttons in eventghost

USE THE LIRC PLUGIN NOT THE MCE PLUGIN

Enjoy
Hey!

I just tried your guide and at first it all worked fine, but now I get this messages everytime I start Eventghost:

C:\Program Files\EventGhost\eg\Classes\ActionThread.py:81: DeprecationWarning: BaseException.message has been deprecated as of Python 2.6
Could not connect to the LIRC server!
Please doublecheck your configuration and that the LIRC server is reachable

I just tried to delete the Lirc Client from Eventghost and now it works again, it seems to fail everytime Eventghost is restarted. I also noticed in the Eventghost log that while I just was browsing the menues in XBMC the buttons "Record" and "DVD Menue" was used, without me even touching them.

Any thoughts?

New add: Can it be that the problem occurs becaus Eventghost loads before IRTrans? Because if I reboot the computer the Lirc Client reports errors connectin to the server, but if I simply restart Eventghost after the system is booted it works fine. Is there some way to force Eventghost/Lirc Client to delay to load after 30 seconds or something like that?

Cheers!
i can't seem to get the GUIDE, MENU, and EXIT buttons on my harmony 680 to work with this method (editing the IRTrans apps.cfg). is there a specific way to do that? do they need to be set to something specific in the harmony button configuration first?

everything else (buttons that also exist on MCE remotes) works fine.

Thanks...

edit: for example, trying to get the GUIDE button to map to Esc on the keyboard. if i set GUIDE to 'TeleText' in the Harmony setup, then add an entry to apps.cfg with the others:

TELETEXT [KEY]\ESC

it doesn't do anything. I've also tried:

TELETEXT [KEY]\ESCAPE
TELETEXT [KEY]ESC

i only used TeleText because i needed a button that i wasn't using for anything currently. i tried a few others as well, no luck...any ideas?

EDIT: seems to not like keys Esc and Tab...switching to letter keys worked. had to change keyboard.xml accordingly in my XBMC folder
Hello, I am writing this message about 2004 for use in xbmc IRtrns.

How did you get those codes? Where is this file Keymap.xml I can not find it?

Thank you
Hello pitchout,
look at this link http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Keymap.xml to find the location of the keymap.xml.

What codes to you mean?

Greetz
2fast2cool
Thanks i try myself, il y have trouble with my system, i call you ;-)

My english is basic, sorry and happy new year

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IRTRans + MCE remote, how?1