Windows messages for functions?
I am looking to write an Eventghost plugin for XBMC. I noticed Topfs2 wrote one a while back that uses the UDP event service to get commands but it's no longer working with the latest version of XBMC.

I am thinking of doing something a little more like the Eventghost plugin for Media Portal where it simply maps the commands to Windows messages and simply does a SendMessageTimeout() to broadcast the message to XBMC. This will allow for much simpler code being the lot of the plugin is just one big action map.

Does XBMC have listen to events this way or is the UDP service the only way?
A client for the event server (UDP) is the way to go. We use the sdl framework and listen to those events.
Nice would be some native event clients for MCE, apple remote, etc Nod
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Where can I find the documentation for the event server API?
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=EventServer
You will also find EventClient examples in both C++ and python in the XBMC SVN.
Look under "/xbmc/branches/linuxport/XBMC/tools/EventClients/"

Wink
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Thanks. I am still a little unclear as to exactly what types of actions you can send to the event server as part of a PacketACTION.

I see a list of actions here but I am not sure if they can be send through the event server. For instance, I see you can send a "XBMC.PlayerControl(Play)" action to toggle the play state, but how would you initiate fullscreen mode or the switching the aspect ratio short of sending PacketBUTTON packets to emulate keystrokes?
A plugin for EventGhost would be great!
Have you seen this: http://www.eventghost.org/forum/viewtopi...hilit=xbmc
Maybe it can help you to start.
Atramhasis Wrote:A plugin for EventGhost would be great!
Have you seen this: http://www.eventghost.org/forum/viewtopi...hilit=xbmc
Maybe it can help you to start.

I've been in touch with the author, Topfs2, and I am going to try and complete the plugin. It should be fairly easy once I figure out what I can and cannot send to the event server.
So I looked at the source of the Util class which the Event Server delegates to and it seems that 80% of the functionality is there as actions.

Anyway to do simple commands like up, down, left, right, select other than KB emulation in button packets? And what about aspect ratio codec info toggle etc. Nothing there it seems. Should I just send the mapped key?
Best is probably to try to catch Topfs2, d4rk, or elupus on IRC and ask them as they working with the EventServer more than any others.

Nod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows messages for functions?0