[LINUX/MAC/WINDOWS] Always on top option?
XBMC Atlantis is working great here, and I'm just about ready to put into WRT (wife-cycle regression testing), but there is one remaining problem I am having.

I am starting XBMC with 'green button' on the remote using the remote software provided with my Antec Black Fusion case (Soundgraph IMON). I used advancedsettings.xml <fullscreen>true</fullscreen> to ensure it's starting up in full screen, and that works great, but there is apparently a program that's running (I think it's actually the IMON driver) that seems to be momentarily stealing focus.

When this happens, XBMC minimizes to the task bar, the Windows desktop is shown, and in order to get it back, you have to 'Alt-Tab' it back into full screen mode. Ugh.

I could obviously use a different driver (thinking about IR Server Suite), but it seems to me this could be a very common problem with other progs, and I have seen an 'Always On Top' option in other packages which seem to be placed there to work around this.

Any way we could get XBMC to prevent other programs from stealing focus? Just looking for a feasibility statement here - I put the request in Trac ...

Thanks!

-m
An 'Always on Top' option sounds nice, but in lieu of that, have you tried using tweakUI>focus>'prevent apps from stealing focus' ?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
whilst i dont have a solution to your problem, i also have this issue. for me, it only ever happens when i'm downloading movie info via the "Movie Information" option, and only very occasionally now with beta 1 (in alpha 3/4 it would happen more often)

i havent been able to recreate the issue either.... its a totally random thing. when it happens, i maximise and shutdown xbmc (even though it hasnt crashed or anything like that), restart it and try that particular movie again - it always works the second time

is this when it happens to you?
There're windows methods to do that but I'm unsure if every app respect that Wink
Also I dunno how this might work with certain IR remote suites as some of them need the focus in order to get the remote command messages.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Please submit a new feature request (separate for each platform) ticket on trac
http://trac.xbmc.org
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Gamester17 Wrote:Please submit a new feature request (separate for each platform) ticket on trac
http://trac.xbmc.org

@Gamester17 -

Thanks, have done that. FYI - MediaPortal provides this option, and it works very well - perhaps there are some useful bits in there. MP also has a nice 'start on this specific monitor' option when your system has more than one referenceable monitor enabled ...

@rwparris2 -

Great suggestion, I hadn't thought of that. Will report my results. BTW - it turns out that this also happens right at initial startup (XBMC link is in Startup group).

-m

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX/MAC/WINDOWS] Always on top option?0