Main Menu Question
I'm wondering how to change "Programs" to "Emulators" or "Arcade" in the main menu. I looked through the "Home.xml" file but was a little confused on what to chance since I saw "Arcade" and "Games" in there even though they aren't in the main menu. TIA
smcnally75

Why do you not click right and reveal the Sub Menu Blade with those options already in place.

D
JustMeD Wrote:smcnally75

Why do you not click right and reveal the Sub Menu Blade with those options already in place.

D

I didn't realize that was an option. How do I right click with the controller? Is it the white button?
Move 'RIGHT'
LOL...I'm a jackass.Oo I thought he said "Right Click" not "Click Right"

Thanks for the help!
I just checked that out and it isn't really what I'm looking for. I have my emulators set up so when I click on Programs it brings me to them. I'd like to be able to change the name of "programs" itself in the menu if possible. I don't use anything else in that menu so it would cut 2 steps out of the process if you know what I mean.
smcnally75 Wrote:I just checked that out and it isn't really what I'm looking for. I have my emulators set up so when I click on Programs it brings me to them. I'd like to be able to change the name of "programs" itself in the menu if possible. I don't use anything else in that menu so it would cut 2 steps out of the process if you know what I mean.

As explained in several other posts.. Currently the only way to do this is by editing home.xml.
open home.xml (its in your skins/mediastream/720p/ folder) with any text editor and change
Code:
<description>My Programs Menu</description>
            <label> $LOCALIZE[31004] </label>
            <label2> $LOCALIZE[31014] </label2>
to
Code:
            <label> $LOCALIZE[[b][i]31052[/i][/b]] </label>
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
Wir3d Wrote:As explained in several other posts.. Currently the only way to do this is by editing home.xml.
I understand that and that is why I explained that I couldn't find where to edit it in the home.xml file.

rwparris2 Wrote:open home.xml (its in your skins/mediastream/720p/ folder) with any text editor and change
Code:
to
Code:
            <label> $LOCALIZE[[b][i]31052[/i][/b]] </label>
Thanks! That is what I was looking for Smile
Hi, I have a question, I read this thread and searched for a couple others. I would like to modify my main menu, I read what I could find and am still clueless.

what does changing

to

<label> $LOCALIZE[31052] </label>

I mean I understand what the OP wanted to do, but I am not picking up on why changing 31004 to 31052 does what it does. Which makes me changing my main menu pretty useless since I don't get what's going on here Smile
The $LOCALIZE[numbers] are defined in the strings.xml file - 31004 is "Programs" and 31052 is "Emulators".
So by changing from 31004 to 31052, the main menu will now show Emulators instead of Programs.
Aenima99x Wrote:The $LOCALIZE[numbers] are defined in the strings.xml file - 31004 is "Programs" and 31052 is "Emulators".
So by changing from 31004 to 31052, the main menu will now show Emulators instead of Programs.

Thank you! That made sense, now when I get home I can look at my strings.xml and see what's what. I don't know if I would have figured that out on my own, ever Smile I appreciate the reply now I can change up my main menu.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Main Menu Question0