XBMC+iMac+HDTV - Can this work?
Hi,

I have an iMac MMPC connected to a 720p HDTV via HDMI. The screens are set up mirrored to each other and it works well using Front Row.

I tried to get XBMC working on the setup but have some problems. If I set XBMC up Settings>Appearance>Screen>Full Screen, the resolution of the HDTV is used - not the iMac. That means the XBMC UI is clipped left and right, top and bottom (some due to overscan).

I've also tried selecting a manual resolution from the list, but the resolutions available are those supported by (I think) the HDTV, not the iMac's. Because the displays are mirrored, and none of the available resolutions are native for the iMac, XBMC won't display anything in the right aspect ratio or size. I hope I've made that clear... it would be great to be able to specify an absolute resolution somewhere for the XBMC UI. Is that possible?

The second issue I'm having is that if I let XBMC use the incorrect HDTV resolution, I can't use the overscan corrections and scale the UI down as I can't see the arrow corrections. I'm not sure if this would help with this issue anyhow. It would be good (in this circumstance) to use the <TAB> key to select a UI element and so apply a correction.

THANKS!

James

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC+iMac+HDTV - Can this work?0