XBMC Skin Editor
Smile 
you can't do much yet, apart from drag-dropping components. it loads home.xml from a subdir, images from the media subdir and uses the english strings.xml.

preview: Image

download it here

you need sun java to run it.
you can either double-click xbmcse.jar or from a command prompt: java -jar xbmcse.jar
if you start it from command prompt, you'll be able to see errors and debug messages.
should improve over time... how fast depends on how much free time i have.
Thumbs Up 
k Image @Mouton, if you like to make your skin editor open source you're welcomed to join the xbmc skinning project, if you like(?) Image
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
sweet... you should get in touch with art from these forums who's been working on a similar project. he hasnt been here for a while but try pm him and i'll give him a nudge to.
/floink
(gamester17 @ may 25 2004,10:56 Wrote:k Image @Mouton, if you like to make your skin editor open source you're welcomed to join the xbmc skinning project, if you like(?) Image
sure can. mouton_io is my sourceforge nick.
i'm on irc or u can just leave me a pm on here when it's ready.
(mouton @ may 25 2004,13:12 Wrote:
(gamester17 @ may 25 2004,10:56 Wrote:k Image @Mouton, if you like to make your skin editor open source you're welcomed to join the xbmc skinning project, if you like(?) Image
sure can. mouton_io is my sourceforge nick. i'm on irc or u can just leave me a pm on here when it's ready.
k. i've added you as a project-member, you should now have full cvs, file-release plus tracker (bugs/patches/rfe) admin access and rights.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
tried it out and it runs fine with the included mediacenter skin. and after some fiddling also with my retro skin Smile the graphics for my nofocus buttons do not appear. and if i'm allowed to ask for features i'd like to see moving objects with 1px steps with arrow keys and maybe 10px steps with shift key+arrow keys. great work! keep it up.
/floink
good idea for the arrow keys.
for the nofocus, i'm still not decided if i want to show them onmouseclick or onmouseover...? any preference ?
well my preferance would be to show the focus button on mouse over or/and click. Image
then again it would be nice to have a navigation mode (to navigate with arrow keys and fex enter) and an edit mode to switch between (for moving objects). so that one can test ondown, onup, onleft, and onright functions aswell.
any work still being done on this project?
nope. not enough free time on my hands.
anyone fluent with java and interrested in trying to continue ?
xbmc skinner

another nice skinning program to look forward to.
  • ASRock ION 330 OpenELEC XBMC Frodo.
  • 47" LG HDTV1080p, AC3/DTS Receiver.
  • 96" Epson LCD 1080p projector
  • 2x Raspbery Pi with XBMC
(nickman @ aug. 15 2004,17:51 Wrote:xbmc skinner

another nice skinning program to look forward to.
so when will the beta of xbmc skinner be released. i went to that link and it isn't available yet. however, there are some folks making skins and posting them at allxboxskins.com. how are they doing it? i want something more personalized. that was the cool thing about evox though it was just to0 easy. a little photochop and you had a cheesy background gui. xbmc is great because it feels more like an os and less like a dash.

if only i could personalize it with a web url or pic of my car. it's the last thing on my list to customize my xbox besides 128 megs of ram.
"Sometimes, the best example is a bad example."
looks like x-form will be released this saturday, this should help make skinners lives that little bit easier! :thumbsup:
thats great news i cant wait Smile
(ph03n1x @ oct. 13 2004,21:01 Wrote:looks like x-form will be released this saturday, this should help make skinners lives that little bit easier! :thumbsup:
yes yes yes!

i have been waiting for this for ages.
  • ASRock ION 330 OpenELEC XBMC Frodo.
  • 47" LG HDTV1080p, AC3/DTS Receiver.
  • 96" Epson LCD 1080p projector
  • 2x Raspbery Pi with XBMC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Skin Editor0