TVBD (or any other scraper) can´t find The Simpsons
Greate that solved everything, to bad these things aren't so easy to find, I't would be nice if your asked to set media after you add a directory so that every directory can be used with IMDB directly. And the option to make rar files transperant should have some info in it that this function is needed to find movie info from folders with rar files. I think this would really make this function easyer to use.

Keep up the good work!
Yes, perhaps it should be on as default... someone else has to answer why it is as it is today.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
The problem is simply that The Simpsons broke Kodi with TVDB. With MYSQL DB. 

Looking at the logs the TVDB just returns too many pictures for Simpsons. Too many "<Thumbs>.." for the MYSQL/MARIADB tvshows table column c06, text exceeding the 65,535 character limit for Text type column.  

ERROR <general>: SQL: [MyVideos119] Undefined MySQL error: Code (1406) Data too long for column

Query: UPDATE tvshow SET c00='The Simpsons',c01='Set in Springfield, the average American town, the show focuses on the antics and everyday adventures of the Simpson family; Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa and Maggie, as well as a virtual cast of thousands. Since the beginning, the series has been a pop culture icon, attracting hundreds of celebrities to guest star. The show has also made name for itself in its fearless satirical take on politics, media and American life in general.',c02='',c04='37247',c05='1987-04-19',c06='<thumb/><thumb/><thumb/><thumb/><thumb/><thumb/><thumb/><thumb/><thumb/><thumb/><thumb/><thumb/><thumb/><thumb/>... BREAKS !!!

I try to see if changing the column manually to LONGTEXT where the limit is 4,294,967,295 characters. Which might cause problems in the code. Length of Python string is about half of that, depending on 32 or 64 bit installation. But hopefully text will not be that long Smile
@mikezerosix

That is a known issue. See this report which also has a solution... https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/15768

You should also create an issue report directly with TVDB so they can adjust the scraper to limit the number of artwork that are scraped...
https://github.com/thetvdb/metadata.tvsh...hon/issues
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
SQL:
ALTER TABLE MyVideos119.tvshow MODIFY COLUMN c06 LONGTEXT;

Fixes the issue. 

NB: ALWAYS backup your DB before making changes. 

P.S. Size of The Simpsons thumbs from TheTVDB is 82903 characters.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVBD (or any other scraper) can´t find The Simpsons0