[APPLE TV] 1080p Full Screen (FullHD FullScreen)?
SirBC Wrote:I am trying to get the resolution correct, and as I was trying out different resolutions, one of the settings put the "accept" or "no" off the screen so I couldn't see which one I was supposed to select. I ended up clicking the "accept" so now I can't see anything except the top 10% of the XBMC menu. Is there a way to reset to default so I can continue trying to find the correct resolution setting?

Should have let it time out back to the previous setting Smile

/Users/frontrow/Library/Application\ Support/XBMC/userdata/guisettings.xml

holds the gui settings.
Thanks, that got it sorted out Smile
Lumpsack Wrote:Hi,

I got mine okay using 1080p by setting it to 1280x720 {Full Screen] then used Video Calibration to set it correctly and it looks nice Smile

That worked for me too. Thanks!
I have two issues. I just picked up an apple tv and connected it to my panasonic WD tv (852x480) with component cables. I installed the patchstick which worked first try, quickly and well - very impressive!) I updated/installed xbmc, also worked great!
I can tell the apple tv my tv is any of the resolutions the apple tv supports and it works. I think 480p is my best choice.
No matter what resolution I tell apple tv to use, I can't find any xbmc fullscreen resolutions that work with it - I get blank screens which time out returning to a windowed mode. Is there any way to make this work given my hardware?
I can't figure out how to get xbmc to save samba share mount user/password pairs. I can enter them, but when I quit/restart xbmc, they are gone and I have to re-enter them again.
Thank you in advance for any and all help!
- Yossie
davilla Wrote:Should have let it time out back to the previous setting Smile

/Users/frontrow/Library/Application\ Support/XBMC/userdata/guisettings.xml

holds the gui settings.

I was able to putty into this and edit the settings. But I'm not sure that I am doing it correctly. My AppleTV is set to 1080p (I have also tried 720p). But when I launch XBMC it shows half an apple and then gives me a blank screen. The first time I opened it XBMC came up fine (windowed) but then I changed the resolution and this problem began. The resolution is obviously incorrect because I can still hear it going through menus when I click up and down on the remote, I either have to reboot it or blindly exit XBMC to get back to the ATV menu. Any Ideas ? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Special_K

---EDIT----
I have resolved this problem, I didn't have the latest version of Launcher. updated and fixed everything.
Yes I have to confirm that the problem was launcher. Just update it and it works great.....
Hi Evreyone.

I'm new to this forum.
I'm albanet from France.

I usually use XBMC on my Mac mini, but i'de like to get rid of it and replace it by an ATV first Gen.
I plan on buying a Crystal HD card and play my MKV through my NAS.

I'de like to have some answers about it, cos' everybody tels something different on the web.

-Is it possible to output 1080p on aTV AND on XBMC ?
-Is it perfectly smooth and clean in 1080p ?
-Is 100MB ethernet enough for large files ?
-Where to find good drivers for the Broadcom card and What version of XBMC ?

Please, can some people who do use this setup, tel me if all these points are OK ?

Thanks a lot to all !!
albanet.
XBMC only works at 1280x720 upscaling content

In my experience the best setting to run XBMC is to set the ATV at 720p as the upscaling of the GPU is crap compared to most of the TV
Damn'....
So i hope Apple will release a 1080p box one day...

In this situation I'll keep my MacMini...

thanks anyway for the answer !
You can install ubuntu on a USB stick and play 1080p from ATV1 without issues
Hi,

I was just wondering if it is worth installing ubuntu on a usb stick to play 1080p videos. I have the latest CHD ..15 and I`m quite happy with the smooth playback of my 720p mkv files.
Is there a noticeable difference between 720p and 1080p that would justify the ubuntu solution?
And a final question: Concerning ubunutu, I would prefer to have it installed on the internal disk without removing Atv Os. In this case, how can I choose between Xbmc (Linux) and ATv Os?

Thank you
defcon Wrote:Hi,

I was just wondering if it is worth installing ubuntu on a usb stick to play 1080p videos. I have the latest CHD ..15 and I`m quite happy with the smooth playback of my 720p mkv files.
Is there a noticeable difference between 720p and 1080p that would justify the ubuntu solution?
And a final question: Concerning ubunutu, I would prefer to have it installed on the internal disk without removing Atv Os. In this case, how can I choose between Xbmc (Linux) and ATv Os?

Thank you

What is the size of your display and how far way do you sit ? That and that alone will determine if displaying 1080p is "worth" it.
I have a 42" Philips Widescreen Lcd TV. The distance from the couch to the screen is about 4m. So I guess from that far away, the human eye does not see a big difference between 720 and 1080 ?
defcon Wrote:I have a 42" Philips Widescreen Lcd TV. The distance from the couch to the screen is about 4m. So I guess from that far away, the human eye does not see a big difference between 720 and 1080 ?

Yep, not a bit of difference with that setup Smile
Thanks for the quick reply. Smile You`re doing a great job here.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[APPLE TV] 1080p Full Screen (FullHD FullScreen)?0