Universal Remote for XBMC Windows
Could someone please make a sticky to say which remotes are supported by xbmc for windows

even better, select a remote and support it, that way xbox users can migrate to the windows version and purchase a remote that will just work the same as the original xbox remote did.

ive purchased the xbox 360 remote and the usb reciever for windows, id love for that to be supported.

im willing to put my money where my mouth is, $50.00 Aus for a standard to be set.
Yes, a standard would be great. Doesn't the MCE remote do pretty well with XBMC?

I spent most of yesterday tweaking my Harmony 550... I had to get their tech support to change the way IR signals were being sent to my receiver to prevent scrolling to "run away" on me. It's 90% fixed now...

BUT - I opened up M$'s media center (on vista) and the harmony worked flawlessly. Very strange.

I was in remote hell yesterday - I would vote for a standard.
You can get any remote to work, but it's sometimes a lot of work. Right now you have to use an external utility like IR Server Suite, EventGhost, or Intelliremote to map the buttons to XBMC functions.

There should probably be a standard, at least working with the standard MCE drivers, but easier said than done. The OS X version has built in support for the Apple Remote so there is a precedent.
the linux version is capable of running the remote setup that I have. (maybe its for the gaming controller, its not really clear)

http://www.stolennotebook.com/anthony/20...r-xboxdrv/

but i have no linux skills Sad
I think a lot has to do with the software you use. Some pc remotes have software that lets you easily program them to keyboard strokes. That's what I did with my Hauppauge 45 button remote. I can control almost any software with this remote. You just need to do some research about the software for whatever remote you're buying.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Universal Remote for XBMC Windows0