[APPLE TV] XBMC exiting with status 10

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
nope dont understand anything.
All this with terminal and everything is totally new to me.
Really boring that it doesent work.Hoping that any one of the other that has the same problem knows how to do. Feels like you have to be a computer expert to know how where to write all stuff.
If anybody comes upp with easy guide please let me know
I'm getting the same error. Exited with status 10. I'm trying to copy the log files. I do the scp commands then type pwd to find the current directory. It says /Users/frontrow. I use finder to try to get the files but that folder doesn't exist on my Mac. Is there a command to type to change the directory that I'm in so I can get the log files ?
wiggley Wrote:I'm getting the same error. Exited with status 10. I'm trying to copy the log files. I do the scp commands then type pwd to find the current directory. It says /Users/frontrow. I use finder to try to get the files but that folder doesn't exist on my Mac. Is there a command to type to change the directory that I'm in so I can get the log files ?

Hi Wiggley,

the scp commands should be run on you mac. Then they copy the files from your apple tv to your mac.

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
i dont find them in finder either
Yes, I'm running the scp commands from the terminal on my mac. Then when I try to find where the logs were copied to, I can't locate them on my machine. It the tutorial it says to do a pwd command to find out where they were copied to. I do the pwd command and it comes up w/ /Users/frontrow . There isn't such folder on my Mac.
wiggley Wrote:Yes, I'm running the scp commands from the terminal on my mac. Then when I try to find where the logs were copied to, I can't locate them on my machine. It the tutorial it says to do a pwd command to find out where they were copied to. I do the pwd command and it comes up w/ /Users/frontrow . There isn't such folder on my Mac.

I assume that you don't have a frontrow user on your mac, so you are probably running those commands while ssh'ed into your apple tv.
So just open a terminal (without ssh'ing into your appletv) and try to copy the logs from your apple tv to your mac.

Here's a basic guide in using ssh.

Most computers have a command-line interface. That's just like it sounds, you type commands and they do something. For example "ls", that little "L", little "S". It's used to list a directory. There are many commands. So to re-cap, when you see the words "command-line", that means you are going to be typing commands.

Where is the command-line interface on OSX, well you use an Application in Utilities called "Terminal". Why is it called "Terminal", in the old days, you used something called a terminal to run commands using a command-line interface. Starting to sound familiar?

Ok, got that, so open the Terminal app and type "ls" (without the quotes). The output is the listing of your home directory.

Now on to ssh. when you ssh into another computer,

you are making a connection that uses a command-line interface. Notice how the left side prompt has changed. Now this is important, you are now connected to the remote computer and anything you type refers to that remote computer.
Type an "ls" again. Notice how the listing has changed. That's a listing of the remote computer. Now everything is relative to the remote computer.

ssh comes with some nice tools, one of these is "scp". There is a command called "cp" (copy) and "scp" is secure copy. With the normal "cp" that only works on the local computer. "scp" can copy across to/from a remote computer. So when you use "scp", you need to keep in mind, a) where is what I want to copy and b) where do I want to copy to. Also know as source and destination.

So if you made an ssh connection to the AppleTV, you are on the remote computer. And everything is relative to that computer.

So how do you get the log file from the AppleTV to your local computer. "scp" is your friend. You use "scp" on your local computer (not from an ssh connect into the AppleTV)

Code:
scp [email protected]:/Library/Logs/Console/501/console.log  .

Let's look at the above command, don't just copy and paste it, you will learn nothing. "scp" ok that the secure copy command. "frontrow@appletv.local". "frontrow" is the username, appletv.local is shorthand for the IP address that is assigned to the AppleTV. Remember, we are going to copy a file from a remote computer to a local computer.

":/Library/Logs/Console/501/console.log" is the file we want to copy. And the "." you missed means put it in the current directory. "pwd" shows you the current directory.

One more time for those not paying attention;

Code:
scp [email protected]:/Library/Logs/Console/501/console.log  .

This copies a file (/Library/Logs/Console/501/console.log) from a remote computer (appletv.local) using the username "frontrow" to the current directory.
Thanks for the detailed explanation. That did the trick.

Console.log http://pastebin.com/m7157417f

xbmc.log http://pastebin.com/d1742a491
Hi...saw this post--since I'm having the same trouble--and I was hoping someone could help me. The program seems to crash when I try to play .mov videos over a Windows (SMB) share...haven't tried anything else...just thought you'd like to know. Thanks...let me know if you need anything else.

console.log
http://pastebin.com/m529dae66

xbmc.log
http://pastebin.com/m208e53c4

Thanks in advance...I can't wait to start using it.

Sincerely,
Christopher David YUDICHAK
wiggley Wrote:Thanks for the detailed explanation. That did the trick.

Console.log http://pastebin.com/m7157417f

xbmc.log http://pastebin.com/d1742a491

Not good, I would reinstall XBMC (the application)
TheOddLinguist Wrote:Hi...saw this post--since I'm having the same trouble--and I was hoping someone could help me. The program seems to crash when I try to play .mov videos over a Windows (SMB) share...haven't tried anything else...just thought you'd like to know. Thanks...let me know if you need anything else.

Both of the logs are the same, the xbmc.log is missing from your post

Looks like you have added a user to the appletv

Quote:Authentication failure dictionary [{\n customerMessage = "This Apple ID has been disabled for security reasons."; \n user = TheOddLinguist; \n}]

Quote:Input #0, mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2, from 'smb://DIANA-PC/Public/Videos/PHP/10 - Logical Operators.mov':
Duration: 00:07:28.28, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 14 kb/s
Stream #0.0(eng): Video: smc, pal8, 640x480, 1.00 tb®
Stream #0.1(eng): Audio: Qclp / 0x706C6351, 8000 Hz, mono
Receiving SMB: Server stopped responding
Oct 5 22:37:40 AppleTV crashdump[1860]: XBMC crashed

Crashed trying to play a mov video file.

This is total different than the other post. Can you play this mov in XBMC for Mac on a normal OSX box??
I went to the appleTV Xbmc update menu and chose the application. I'm still getting the same error right after the logo disapears. Don't know if it matters or not but I don't hear the music anymore when the logo is displayed. Error: XBMC/Boxee exited with a status: 10. Do I need to delete the application first ? Thanks for all your help.
davilla Wrote:Both of the logs are the same, the xbmc.log is missing from your post

Looks like you have added a user to the appletv

Crashed trying to play a mov video file.

This is total different than the other post. Can you play this mov in XBMC for Mac on a normal OSX box??
Sorry...didn't realize it was a different issue. I'll make a new topic. Thanks for your help thus far.
Hi. I saw a similar problem in a recent post [here]...but I was informed that my issue was different...so I've created this post. I hope that's okay.

I've recently installed XBMC on my AppleTV...very excited to start using it. I am, however, having a little trouble.

When I attempt to play a video [for instance, a .mov file from a Windows (SMB) share], it buffers for a second...the counter starts...I can neither hear nor see the video...and after the counter has gone for about five seconds, the program crashes, referencing a status of 10. The aforementioned post asked for these logs...so I hope they can help. Please let me know if there's anything else you need to know. Thanks in advance for your help.

console.log
http://pastebin.com/m529dae66

xbmc.log
http://pastebin.com/m208e53c4

Sincerely,
Christopher David YUDICHAK

PS
In the aforementioned post, I was told that there is another user on my AppleTV...though I don't remember doing that. [totally possible, though...hehe] I was also asked if the file would play on XBMC for Mac on a normal OSX box. I haven't tried it yet...and am downloading the software as I type.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[APPLE TV] XBMC exiting with status 100