• 35(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC
Here's the option I get when trying to pair my PS3 remote. There is no option for bypassing the code, unless I'm missing something.

I tried 0000, 1234, 12345, & 1111, even though others on the net have already tried them all. Nothing works.

I cannot assign keys in the settings. All the assignments are blank and I have no idea how to map them.

Anyone?
(2015-01-30, 16:14)Budwyzer Wrote: Here's the option I get when trying to pair my PS3 remote. There is no option for bypassing the code, unless I'm missing something.

I tried 0000, 1234, 12345, & 1111, even though others on the net have already tried them all. Nothing works.

I figured this out, it had to do with the bluetooth software package that was installed from the cd that came with the dongle. After uninstalling it and reinstalling the bluetooth drivers from the default Windows drivers it worked correctly. Then I got a new remote, Philips Prestigio, for $10 on Amazon and sent the PS3 remote back. Tongue
(2015-02-18, 09:21)Theron Wrote: I cannot assign keys in the settings. All the assignments are blank and I have no idea how to map them.

Anyone?

The program is split into two windows, the left window corresponds to the PS3 remote and the right window corresponds to keyboard commands. Select the PS3 remote button that you want to assign and then select the checkbox on the right what you wish to assign it to.
Thanks. I copied some settings and edited the configuration file, but I would like to change a few.
one more question...

On my MCE remote, the green windows button takes me to the home screen, but when I assign one of the PS3 remote buttons to "home", nothing happens.

How can I make the PS Button act like the green button on my MCE remote?

Edit...

The keymap program in the repos worked great.

Under the Windows section, the open_start command acts like the green button on the MCE remote. I assigned a letter to it and assigned that letter to the PS button on the PS3Blumote settings.

Now the PS button can launch Kodi when not running or return to the main screen when it is.
Anyone able to get the remote to work once the Windows screen saver has activated? Once my screen saver is active, the remote is dead until I use the mouse or keyboard to bring back the desktop. Any solution?

Gonna try using the recommended BT driver for my Brix Pro 4570R rather than the MS driver. I'll report back. Hope it will solve my final problem.

Same issue with the Broadcom drivers.
?
Hello!

I saw someone on the first page of this thread made a basic key map already and now I wondered if there is a current version of it.

Edit:
For some reason I cannot change the hibbernate settings of the remote in bluemote, despite running the Software as admin.
this is mine

use the keymap program to get the PS button set

Under the Windows section in global, the open_start command acts like the green button on the MCE remote. I assigned a letter to it and assigned that letter to the PS button on the PS3Blumote settings. ESC may be the same actually. I also edited the Kodi exeexe to launch with F7.

Now the PS button can launch Kodi when not running or return to the main screen when it is.

</settings>
<mappings>
<button name="Eject" repeat="false">E</button>
<button name="Audio" repeat="false">A</button>
<button name="Angle" repeat="false">Z</button>
<button name="Subtitle" repeat="false">T</button>
<button name="Clear" repeat="false">Delete</button>
<button name="Time" repeat="false">B</button>
<button name="NUM_1" repeat="false">KEY_1</button>
<button name="NUM_2" repeat="false">KEY_2</button>
<button name="NUM_3" repeat="false">KEY_3</button>
<button name="NUM_4" repeat="false">KEY_4</button>
<button name="NUM_5" repeat="false">KEY_5</button>
<button name="NUM_6" repeat="false">KEY_6</button>
<button name="NUM_7" repeat="false">KEY_7</button>
<button name="NUM_8" repeat="false">KEY_8</button>
<button name="NUM_9" repeat="false">KEY_9</button>
<button name="NUM_0" repeat="false">KEY_0</button>
<button name="Blue" repeat="true">F10</button>
<button name="Red" repeat="false">F8</button>
<button name="Green" repeat="true">F9</button>
<button name="Yellow" repeat="false"></button>
<button name="Display" repeat="false">I</button>
<button name="Top_Menu" repeat="false">S</button>
<button name="PopUp_Menu" repeat="false">M</button>
<button name="Return" repeat="false">Home</button>
<button name="Triangle" repeat="false">C</button>
<button name="Circle" repeat="false">Backspace</button>
<button name="Square" repeat="false">Tab</button>
<button name="Cross" repeat="false">Spacebar</button>
<button name="Arrow_Up" repeat="true">Arrow_Up</button>
<button name="Arrow_Down" repeat="true">Arrow_Down</button>
<button name="Arrow_Left" repeat="true">Arrow_Left</button>
<button name="Arrow_Right" repeat="true">Arrow_Right</button>
<button name="Enter" repeat="false">Enter</button>
<button name="L1" repeat="false">F1</button>
<button name="L2" repeat="false">F2</button>
<button name="L3" repeat="false">F3</button>
<button name="R1" repeat="false">F4</button>
<button name="R2" repeat="false">F5</button>
<button name="R3" repeat="false">F6</button>
<button name="Playstation" repeat="false">F7,Esc</button>
<button name="Select" repeat="false">Page_Up</button>
<button name="Start" repeat="false">Page_Down</button>
<button name="Play" repeat="false">Media_Play_Pause</button>
<button name="Stop" repeat="false">Media_Stop</button>
<button name="Pause" repeat="false">Media_Play_Pause</button>
<button name="Scan_Back" repeat="false">R</button>
<button name="Scan_Forward" repeat="false">F</button>
<button name="Prev" repeat="false">Media_Previous_Track</button>
<button name="Next" repeat="false">Media_Next_Track</button>
<button name="Step_Back" repeat="true">Volume_Down</button>
<button name="Step_Forward" repeat="true">Volume_Up</button>
<button name="Instant_Back" repeat="false"></button>
<button name="Instant_Forward" repeat="false"></button>
<button name="Channel_Up" repeat="false"></button>
<button name="Channel_Down" repeat="false"></button>
<button name="dash_slash_dash_dash" repeat="false"></button>
</mappings>

you need the latest version to get hibernation mode
https://github.com/miljbee/PS3BluMote
(2015-02-25, 17:31)Theron Wrote: Anyone able to get the remote to work once the Windows screen saver has activated? Once my screen saver is active, the remote is dead until I use the mouse or keyboard to bring back the desktop. Any solution?

Gonna try using the recommended BT driver for my Brix Pro 4570R rather than the MS driver. I'll report back. Hope it will solve my final problem.

Same issue with the Broadcom drivers.
?

I found a workaround. Just having the PC turn off the display allows the BT remote to wake the PC. So it seems only the screensaver deactivates the remote. Strange.

Hopefully a fix will be found.
Is there any way to get remote notifications of battery level? I don't launch explorer on my setup so don't see the tray icon. When my remote goes flat I have to repair which is a royal pain in the....
Does blumote with the Bluray Remote 2.0? Also can i use the ir on that remote to turn on non-Sony TVs and AVR?
i may ask a stupid question, but still please try to help me..

i've got since a long time an sony ps3 remote running with 2.0.3 flawlessly...
now i bought a new sony ps3 remote " CECH-ZRC1E" which should replace my old ones..

bluetooth is connected, blumote is blue but i can't "use" the buttons....

please provide some advice
Thanks to those that have designed and developed this app.

(2013-06-27, 00:28)kreeturez Wrote: My non-IR BD remote doesn't forget pairing when changing batteries; the IR one (with infrared controls for TVs) does; hence for now, the original non-IR PS3 BD Remote is my recommendation to anyone...

I would like to have it working on the newest version of a PS3 remote (as I like the separate volume control buttons). Was the issues regarding the forgetting of the pairing resolved for the new PS3 remote?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

bb69
(2015-07-24, 17:12)billybob69 Wrote: Thanks to those that have designed and developed this app.

(2013-06-27, 00:28)kreeturez Wrote: My non-IR BD remote doesn't forget pairing when changing batteries; the IR one (with infrared controls for TVs) does; hence for now, the original non-IR PS3 BD Remote is my recommendation to anyone...

I would like to have it working on the newest version of a PS3 remote (as I like the separate volume control buttons). Was the issues regarding the forgetting of the pairing resolved for the new PS3 remote?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

bb69

Nope, still an issue with that remote, unfortunately.

Older non-IR (Bluetooth-only) one is fine - great, in fact.

I've just finished setting up a Kodi+Steam Ubuntu Linux installation and it's even an issue there.

I'm out of the older remotes (they're in use by the rest of my setups, all under OpenELEC - where they work great) and am now considering a Media Keyboard/Remote instead since stock of the old model (and more niche PS3 accessories in general, I guess) are hard to come by...

The non-line-of-sight wireless functionality of a media keyboard (I'll never use IR again Smile ) coupled with a remote ergonomics are what I'll be looking into for that box.

The pair-forgetting issue on the newer PS3 BD+IR remote is an odd one. I suspect it's something on the remote (rather than PC) side since it behaves that way across operating systems...
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC4