• 36(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC
As I really like the thought of a separate Volume and Channels buttons I bought a second hand newer version (CECH-ZRC1E) remote off flea-bay.

However, I'm having trouble pairing it in Windows 7. I'm pressing Start and Enter together on the remote for 5 secs when I have the add a device window up on windows, but windows isn't picking up the remote.

Is the way to pair up the newer PS3 BD+IR remote the same way as with the older remote?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

bb69
I use Bluetooth CSRv4.0 and I want pair my ps3 remote in windows7 but need pairing code
I enter '0' , '0000' , '0001' , '1234' ,'1111' ,'12345' but didn't work
What is pairing code for ps3 remote or how I can disable 'pairing code' in windows7 ?
Please help me

Thanks
(2015-08-01, 13:52)billybob69 Wrote: As I really like the thought of a separate Volume and Channels buttons I bought a second hand newer version (CECH-ZRC1E) remote off flea-bay.

However, I'm having trouble pairing it in Windows 7. I'm pressing Start and Enter together on the remote for 5 secs when I have the add a device window up on windows, but windows isn't picking up the remote.

Is the way to pair up the newer PS3 BD+IR remote the same way as with the older remote?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

bb69

What you're doing should work fine. Check the batteries?
Also, double check the buttons: on my very first attempt I was holding the PS button rather than Start Smile
Holding Start + Enter simultaneously for 5 - 10 seconds or so should cause the white PS3 button to start flashing red on this model, indicating it's in pairing mode.

(2015-08-02, 20:30)Fusion1942 Wrote: I use Bluetooth CSRv4.0 and I want pair my ps3 remote in windows7 but need pairing code
I enter '0' , '0000' , '0001' , '1234' ,'1111' ,'12345' but didn't work
What is pairing code for ps3 remote or how I can disable 'pairing code' in windows7 ?
Please help me

Thanks

You pair using the 'Pair Without a Code' option when adding a new BT device in Win7: it's on the first step of the pairing wizard in Windows. (No code is required for the PS3 BD remotes.)
On the first step of the pairing wizard in Windows 7 there is just one option
Please you see pictures below
http://uupload.ir/files/5jy2_aaa.png

And My Bluetooth CSRv4.0 Dongle information :
http://uupload.ir/files/3ul4_b.png
http://uupload.ir/files/jcgt_c.png

This Bluetooth very good working with other devices !
(2015-08-03, 11:20)Fusion1942 Wrote: On the first step of the pairing wizard in Windows 7 there is just one option
Please you see pictures below
http://uupload.ir/files/5jy2_aaa.png

And My Bluetooth CSRv4.0 Dongle information :
http://uupload.ir/files/3ul4_b.png
http://uupload.ir/files/jcgt_c.png

This Bluetooth very good working with other devices !

Looks like your dongle is not using the default Microsoft Bluetooth stack... The MS one has thus option.
EDIT: everythings fine
Thanks to all friends,
I want say how can connect PS3 controller , BD Remote and other devices to PC by two Bluetooth Dongle

First I connect two Bluetooth dongles ( 1- Bluetooth CSR v4.0 2- Bluetooth v2.0 ) to PC in windows7 x64
They installed automatically with “Generic Bluetooth Radio“ Driver by windows 7
Then I installed “ScpServer“ and after installing they hide in device manager and from windows taskbar

“ScpServer“ is for connect PS3 Controller by cable and Bluetooth to PC for more information flow below link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRFIqysSeD4
Please for download “ScpServer“ and for more information go to :
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wr...Controller

And two “BTH DS3 Device” add in device manager ( in Universal Serial Bus devices )
I with disconnect and connect Bluetooth v2.0 Dongle from PC realized that which one than two “BTH DS3 Device” is for Bluetooth v2.0 Dongle , Then uninstall it from device manager
Then I disconnected Bluetooth v2.0 Dongle from PC and connected it again
It installed automatically with “Generic Bluetooth Radio“ Driver by windows 7
Now I can connect my PS3 controller to PC by Bluetooth CSR v4.0 ( BTH DS3 Device ) and connect PS3 BD Remote and other devices by Bluetooth v2.0 (Generic Bluetooth Radio ) without Pairing Code to PC

I hope help to you
Good Luck
(2015-02-19, 16:30)Budwyzer Wrote:
(2015-01-30, 16:14)Budwyzer Wrote: Here's the option I get when trying to pair my PS3 remote. There is no option for bypassing the code, unless I'm missing something.

I tried 0000, 1234, 12345, & 1111, even though others on the net have already tried them all. Nothing works.

I figured this out, it had to do with the bluetooth software package that was installed from the cd that came with the dongle. After uninstalling it and reinstalling the bluetooth drivers from the default Windows drivers it worked correctly.

I'd like to thank Budwyzer for taking the time to post his experience.
This really helped me out.
Hi Everyone, I'm still an active user of this app. I have PS3 bluray remotes all over my house. I have the most problems with the Sony PS3 universal remote because after you take out the batteries, it doesn't remember its pairing.

Now that the PS4 universal remote came out, has anyone tried that remote with PS3BluMote? If you have gotten it to work, can you also tell me if the volume and channel buttons still work like the PS3 version? In the PS3 version, volume up/down controlled the TV via infrared and the channel up/down controlled the PC via bluetooth.
Could anyone recommand a good bluetooth usb adapter to work with the ps3 remote? Right now I am currently using Asus USB-BT400 and after about one day or two the remote would stop working for no apparent reason. In order for it to work again, i need to remove the device in windows 7 (under devices and printers) and then add it back again. Just tired of having to do this every other day. ApparentlyAsus has only one drive for this bluetooth device so i am not able to try a different driver. I am running windows 7 64bit
I had the same issue when using this remote, so I switched back to IR. Every time the batteries went in the remote I'd have to delete and re-pair in windows. They lasted more than a couple of days though. So maybe it's your batteries not the dongle?
(2015-11-05, 07:56)Morphy99 Wrote: I had the same issue when using this remote, so I switched back to IR. Every time the batteries went in the remote I'd have to delete and re-pair in windows. They lasted more than a couple of days though. So maybe it's your batteries not the dongle?

Its not the battery cause these are brand new batteries and I have the timeout set to 3 mins on PS3BluMote software. I also have to re-pair it too when I have to switch out the batteries which is fine with me, but to re-pair it every other day is just annoying. I may just try a different type of bluetooth adapter
Sorry to say, but these remotes are a pain to use, although the responsiveness is great when they are working.

The Synchronization issue really bugs me, and often happens at when you least want it to happen. Battery issue is fine, got some rechargeable for it, but still there needs to be a better solution than this for Windows.

Do the original PS3 Bluray remotes also have the synchronization issues? I have the newer one.
(2015-11-19, 23:11)BlackRose Wrote: Sorry to say, but these remotes are a pain to use, although the responsiveness is great when they are working.

The Synchronization issue really bugs me, and often happens at when you least want it to happen. Battery issue is fine, got some rechargeable for it, but still there needs to be a better solution than this for Windows.

Do the original PS3 Bluray remotes also have the synchronization issues? I have the newer one.

I've tried both the original and the latter versions of the PS3 remotes (see my posts on the last couple of pages) and found the original remote to work far better with far less synchronisation issues.

bb69
I have an original remote. I read that they don't need to be repaired when you change batteries. I can confirm this. makes life a bit easier. It basically "just works" (after a proper setup) in Linux and you can expect the batteries to last 1-2years. I can even wake my chromebox from sleep with the remote.

Can someone with a v2 remote confirm if they need to be repaired when changing battteries?

I never got it working reliably in Windows, although it must have been over 6 years ago that I messed around. The problem is basically that noone has got autosleep to work in Windows, so the batteries will only last a week at most. You shouldn't use this in Windows, it will only give you gray hairs.
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC4