[Apple TV] - Frozen XBMC logo when launched
I installed XBMC via a jumpdrive patchstick, and downloaded Beta 1. My ATV version is 2.1. The first time I launched the XBMC, it started without a problem. I set up screen size, skins, weather location, and a few other preference settings. When I tried to exit the settings area it froze on a background screen which I could not exit from. I unplugged my ATV and restarted it. I then relaunched XBMC from the menu. A logo song played in 5.1, and the XBMC center logo appeared. It then freezes, and I cannot get out of this screen. I tried repeating the unplug . restart process a few times. Each time it repeats the same way.

Thoughts? Help...please. I am new to this, and was excited about getting started playing with the XBMC.

Thanks in advance for any help that can be shed on my dilemma.

Best,

J-Maxx
Hi J-Maxx,

if the problem still persists, please post following 2 logfiles to pastebin:
/Library/Logs/Console/501/console.log
/Users/frontrow/Library/Logs/xbmc.log
and the link to it here ( see debugging hints ) for details

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thanks Maestro. I was having trouble getting into the logs. The password was not letting me in for some reason.

However, I created a new patchstick and started from scratch, I did a hard reset on ATV and installed Beta v,2. It all seems to be working now,

Now I just need to figure out how to get it to see my USB drive hanging off my airport extreme.

Thanks again,

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Apple TV] - Frozen XBMC logo when launched0