• 9(current)
Win HOW-TO start XBMC in fullscreen on secondary monitor with custom resolution
In exactly what situations is Displayswitch.exe is necessary? (answer might be good to put in Post #1 to people understand the need or advantage)

I use a TV as my 2nd (extended) display and since XBMC is set to use the 2nd display, it always launches on it if the TV is on.

Am I missing some advantage to Displayswitch.exe?
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
A user provided me some clarification. I suggest the OP is updated to explain not everyone has a need for this, and they should try without first. This is help not confuse the noobs

For example, I use a laptop with a low end AMD 6000 series video chip. My tv is 1080p while my laptop screen is 1400x900 and I have no problem using extended display.

I suspect people having issues have older, much lower end video, cards.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
(2013-11-02, 22:37)Livin Wrote: In exactly what situations is Displayswitch.exe is necessary? (answer might be good to put in Post #1 to people understand the need or advantage)

I use a TV as my 2nd (extended) display and since XBMC is set to use the 2nd display, it always launches on it if the TV is on.

Am I missing some advantage to Displayswitch.exe?

(2013-11-03, 05:41)Livin Wrote: A user provided me some clarification. I suggest the OP is updated to explain not everyone has a need for this, and they should try without first. This is help not confuse the noobs

For example, I use a laptop with a low end AMD 6000 series video chip. My tv is 1080p while my laptop screen is 1400x900 and I have no problem using extended display.

I suspect people having issues have older, much lower end video, cards.

OR you could read the post more clearly, it goes something like if anybody still needs this guide here it is Smile
"This is help not confuse the noobs" this would mean you then? hope this clears things up Wink
The Problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.
Do you understand?
(2013-11-02, 18:58)luke k Wrote: problem:
when I start xbmc earlier then projector, or last time used it on desktop, xbmc switches to desktop and I have to use keyboard or mouse to dig throught settings to switch it back to projector (very very annoying).

my solution:
- powershell script, which adapts guisettings.xml to use my specified monitor and starts xbmc.
- now I have on my desktop two shortcuts (XBMC-Projector, XBMC-Desktop) and in Auto-Startup XBMC-Projector

powershell script for setting desired monitor (example for FullHD projector as second monitor):

You can lock display settings by using/creating the advancedsettings.xml http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=advancedsettings.xml and set your settings there. Settings set here will be "removed" from GUI and should not change.
Do you understand?
(2013-11-07, 10:58)Blackkatt Wrote: You can lock display settings by using/creating the advancedsettings.xml http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=advancedsettings.xml and set your settings there. Settings set here will be "removed" from GUI and should not change.

Thx a lot, I will give it a shot.. this looks exactly like what I was looking for..
I got this working, created a bat that does as intended. However, when i try to launch that bat through xbmcstarter (yatse) it says "Windows cannot find 'XBMC.ese'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.". Anyone know the solution to this?
Tongue 
(2014-06-03, 17:47)silveer Wrote: I got this working, created a bat that does as intended. However, when i try to launch that bat through xbmcstarter (yatse) it says "Windows cannot find 'XBMC.ese'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.". Anyone know the solution to this?

Hi!

You mean "XBMC.exe" right? ...if not you simply have done a typ0 in the path
Do you understand?
Windows - HOW-TO start XBMC in fullscreen on one screen ?

yhank you
Hi,
on this page is described, how to select screen for XBMC without 3th party tools: http://davor.no-ip.com/blog/2011/07/10/s...rty-tools/. It is based on .BAT file and copying of predefined config file. Thanks to Davor Josipovic.

Here is copy of his instruction:
Quote:This is usually done by changing the default display with some tool (DisplaySwitch.exe, UltraMon,…) Here we simply use XBMC’s advanced settings and a simple batch file which will allow to select the startup options (in this case the screen), copy the corresponding advancedsettings.xml to the \userdata\ folder and start XBMC on the correct screen with custom properties.
For this we use XBMC in portable mode (with command line option –p), but it could also work without. Make this folder structure in your XBMC directory:portable_data\config\adv_settings

In adv_settings folder we put 2 files from which we will chose during startup:
Advancedsettings_monitor.xml:<advancedsettings>
<videoscreen>
<screenmode>WINDOW</screenmode>
</videoscreen>
<window>
<height>720</height>
<width>1280</width>
</window>
<input>
<enablemouse>false</enablemouse>
</input>
</advancedsettings>

Advancedsettings_tv.xml:<advancedsettings>
<videoscreen>
<screenmode>10128000720050.00000</screenmode>
</videoscreen>
</advancedsettings>

These values are taken from guisettings.xml in the \userdata\ folder. So it’s best you set up XBMC and take the settings you need from guisettings.xml and put them into advancedsettings.xml. Apparently, in my case 10128000720050.00000 corresponds to full screen on the TV.
Finally this simple batch file will let you choose between the two:@set batch_path=%~dp0

:: Choose Monitor-------------------------------------
@choice /C 12 /M "Start on TV[1], Monitor[2]?" /N /T 3 /D 1
@goto ANSWER%ERRORLEVEL%
::----------------------------------------------------

:ANSWER0
:ANSWER255
@GOTO ERROR

:ANSWER1
@copy "%batch_path%adv_settings\advancedsettings_tv.xml" "%batch_path%..\userdata\advancedsettings.xml" /Y
@IF ERRORLEVEL 1 GOTO ERROR
@GOTO exit

:ANSWER2
@copy "%batch_path%adv_settings\advancedsettings_monitor.xml" "%batch_path%..\userdata\advancedsettings.xml" /Y
@IF ERRORLEVEL 1 GOTO ERROR
@GOTO exit

:ERROR
@echo "Wrong batch execution... check batch"
@pause
@GOTO QUIT

:EXIT
@start /D "%batch_path%..\..\" XBMC.exe -p

:QUIT

Now all you need to do is run the batch file, type 1 or 2 and XBMC will start on the correct screen. It is also obvious that these advanced settings allow much more customization than is shown here.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO start XBMC in fullscreen on secondary monitor with custom resolution4