[Apple TV] XBMC Installing failed
Hi,

followed the steps and got myself a working patchstick to be able to open up ATV. All works well, and I have new boot logos/animation ;-)

Now for the XBMC part, I ftp'd the file to the home di of frontrow, changed permissions and fired away. The XBMC scripts start all right, but after about 20 seconds, my ssh shell comes back with 'Installation failed', and that's it.
Symlinked XBMC to NitoTV menu, but no show....

The files are there physically, and when I start XBMC from the ssh console I see it start, but again, that's it.

Running ATV 2.0.

Any clues anybody please?

Thanks,
-HF
pooh Wrote:Hi,

followed the steps and got myself a working patchstick to be able to open up ATV. All works well, and I have new boot logos/animation ;-)

Now for the XBMC part, I ftp'd the file to the home di of frontrow, changed permissions and fired away. The XBMC scripts start all right, but after about 20 seconds, my ssh shell comes back with 'Installation failed', and that's it.
Symlinked XBMC to NitoTV menu, but no show....

The files are there physically, and when I start XBMC from the ssh console I see it start, but again, that's it.

Running ATV 2.0.

Any clues anybody please?

Doing it the totally manual method I see,

"Symlinked XBMC to NitoTV menu" makes now sense. NitoTV looks in /Users/Frontrow/Applications for the apps to list in the NitoTV menu

The XBMC installer installs to /Applications

delete the symlink and forget NitoTV and use XBMCLauncher to launch and update both XBMCLauncher and XBMC

see http://code.google.com/p/atv-xbmc-launcher/w/list for details.
Thanks Davilla.

'Totally manual method'......

Hmmm, I thought I found the most 'easy' way for a windows user (sorry, no Mac here) by reading the ATV Patch site and XBMC site.

[Rant]
I'm not really a newbie with community sites, and I guess a 'step by step' wiki page would come in handy. It seems that as a new ATV owner, it's all too overwhelming to find the 'basic and simple track'
[/Rant]

I can give the above a shot later on.

Anyway, let's factory restore and try again.

Thanks again!
-HF
Feel free to create the content for such a wiki based on your experiences. It'll be most helpful to others Smile

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

pooh Wrote:Thanks Davilla.

'Totally manual method'......

Hmmm, I thought I found the most 'easy' way for a windows user (sorry, no Mac here) by reading the ATV Patch site and XBMC site.

[Rant]
I'm not really a newbie with community sites, and I guess a 'step by step' wiki page would come in handy. It seems that as a new ATV owner, it's all too overwhelming to find the 'basic and simple track'
[/Rant]

I can give the above a shot later on.

Anyway, let's factory restore and try again.

Sorry you bailed, just trying to figure out what you were doing and what you wanted to do. Next time stay a little longer an explain in clear concise text what you have done.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Apple TV] XBMC Installing failed0