Apple TV Auto boot into xbmc
I am sure I saw an option on xbmc to autoboot the apple tv into xbmc, but for the life of me can no longer find it (if it is present on beta1 or beta2).
Can anyone advise if this is possible (or is it a future 'to do' thing)?
Also, would it work that once in 'booted up mode' xbmc, you could go back to ATV menu to access if required?
Cheers,
Deano72
deano72 Wrote:I am sure I saw an option on xbmc to autoboot the apple tv into xbmc, but for the life of me can no longer find it (if it is present on beta1 or beta2).
Can anyone advise if this is possible (or is it a future 'to do' thing)?
Also, would it work that once in 'booted up mode' xbmc, you could go back to ATV menu to access if required?
Cheers,
Deano72

A guide for this will appear once the issues are worked out. In order to "boot" into XBMC, the normal Finder.app is replaced with XBMC.app. There is a way to do this without actually replacing the Finder.app. Finder.app is FrontRow. Once you are booted into XBMC, Finder.app (FrontRow) is not running so there is no ATV frontrow menu any more.

Do not attempt this as Finder.app sends notifications to a watchdog that will reboot the AppleTV if it does not receive a notification in about 5 mins. Watchdog thinks Finder.app has crashed and launchd cannot launch it.
Thanks Davilla....I will not try it LOL.
Once you boot into xbmc.app and it is running would you be able to go back into finder.app once you close xbmc?
deano72 Wrote:Thanks Davilla....I will not try it LOL.
Once you boot into xbmc.app and it is running would you be able to go back into finder.app once you close xbmc?

Once again, if you replace the Finder.app at boot, there is no Finder.app to go back to when you quit xbmc. Finder.app is not running. So your choices are

1) if you want to use FrontRow and XBMC, then boot to FrontRow and use the XBMCLauncher to start XBMC.

2) if you want to boot to XBMC, then there are no other choices Wink
Wouldn't it be possible to bring in the Programs-menu and use XBMC as a launcher for other apps, including Finder.app? Kind of like it works on the Xbox.

I totally understand that this would not be in Atlantis, but maybe someday?
A Milton Wrote:Wouldn't it be possible to bring in the Programs-menu and use XBMC as a launcher for other apps, including Finder.app? Kind of like it works on the Xbox.

I totally understand that this would not be in Atlantis, but maybe someday?

Anything is possible in the future but Finder.app is very picky about wanting to be always in front.
Many thanks for the replies....
Just one more thing. I don't particularly like boxee, is it possible to remove it from the xbmc launcher so that all is there is xbmc?
Cheers!
deano72 Wrote:Many thanks for the replies....
Just one more thing. I don't particularly like boxee, is it possible to remove it from the xbmc launcher so that all is there is xbmc?
Cheers!

You can, of course checkout the code from svn and roll your own Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple TV Auto boot into xbmc0