• 10(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO easily get MCE Remote working flawlessly in XBMC with EventGhost
I have a problem - I used the trick listed here to launch XBMC with the green windows button:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=65088&page=12

However, once I quit XBMC, it seems that "EHTRAY.EXE" process is constantly running, and it keeps launching multiple instances of XBMC on top of each other about every 10 seconds. I close out of XBMC, and it keeps launching them. I have to manually go in and kill EHTRAY.EXE from the processes. To get rid of the problem, I tried renaming ehtray.exe, but then XBMC won't launch when I press the green button.

Any ideas?
Question 
Hi all,
I tried both Eventghost/XBMC Plugins and MCERemote addon to remotely control XBMC.

With Eventghost and XBMC plugins command like up, down, left, right are not automatically repeated when making a long press on the button. I have to do multiple push to go fast. With the MCERemote all is right. Is it possible to have the same feature with Eventghost ?

Again with Eventghost and XBMC plugins I loose the command context. Which means that with MCERemote when you are watching or listening to music you can do big or short skip using up,down, left and right keys. And when you go back to main menu, the same keys or use back to move under the menu even if the music still playing, no more big or short skip.
With Evenghost, you loose command context. In the XBMC plugins there are short and big skip commands. But if you attach up, down... MCE events to this action, whatever the menu, you always do short, big skip when moving under the menu. How can I do with Eventghost ?

Thank you Wink
Hi guys,

I have MCE remote and Event Ghost working together pretty good. I have HID enabled, but Media Center disabled. So most buttons work great in XBMC anyway, but I still need Event Ghost for one or two buttons (like the green button).

My issue is this:

Pushing the back button acts as two key presses in many screens. For instance, if I'm looking at a list of TV episodes and push the back button, it will take me all the way back to the main menu. It won't go up one level to the list of TV shows.

If I delete the lightning bolt icon for the Back button in Event Ghost, the Back button still works in XBMC (because I have HID enabled). HOWEVER, in Context screens and some Settings screens, the back button won't work at all (even though it still works in other menus). There is no way to exit the context screen unless I actually press ESC on my keyboard.

Anyone have any suggestions?

thanks

EDIT: Looks like I've fixed it. Other threads on this forum sent me on a wild goose chase looking for a non-existent keymap.xml to edit. What I ended up doing was editing the "Close" button in Event Ghost to be the "Back" button on my MCE remote. And removed the button for "Previous Menu" in Event Ghost.
tocheeba Wrote:I have a problem - I used the trick listed here to launch XBMC with the green windows button:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=65088&page=12

However, once I quit XBMC, it seems that "EHTRAY.EXE" process is constantly running

All I did was rename the C:\Windows\ehome folder to something else (like ehome.old). That stopped Media Center from launching. And then I just used Event Ghost to have XBMC launch when the green button is pressed.
So my MCE Remote works very well with the XBMC (Dharma) however the .xml file I've downloaded changes the power button from powering down the media center to popping up useless menu! Would I be able to use EventGhost to power down the unit, but keep the .xml file for all the other working buttons. I want to make the power button actually turn off the media center (It has instant boot) and the aspect ratio button (top left button) pop up the menu. Please help!
Viald Wrote:Hi all,
With Eventghost and XBMC plugins command like up, down, left, right are not automatically repeated when making a long press on the button. I have to do multiple push to go fast. With the MCERemote all is right. Is it possible to have the same feature with Eventghost ?
Thank you Wink

You can do this by adding the action 'repeat macro'.

Also, for people saying you need to run as administrator, it shouldn't be necessary. If you are using an MCE remote that uses the ehome driver, make sure you installed the alternate MCE ir driver included with eventghost.
after adding mce win 7 plugin my event log keep scrolling with mceremote.unknown.xxx non stop... what am i missing here.

i have mceirservice running in my services...

i m on win7 x64...
hardrock_121 Wrote:after adding mce win 7 plugin my event log keep scrolling with mceremote.unknown.xxx non stop... what am i missing here.

i have mceirservice running in my services...

i m on win7 x64...

check the box underneath that only logs active events.

When adding events uncheck it and drag each remote press over.
I have followed the exact same steps in the first post of this thread but I still cannot get my MCE remote to work correctly. The arrows work (but they did before i installed this software) but I cannot get the back button to work etc. Is there an easy step by step on something that I may have missed? Im running windows 7.
nevermind I seem to have figured it out
I'm also haing a problem with mapping an mce remote to xbmc.

Details are here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=9...post914024

has anyone here shared these problems? Any fixes?

Cheers
Hi I have a harmony 555 remote and use xbmc in windows 7.
The remote is programmed as a mce remote because I use it with media portal.
The remote just works fine. Except for two buttons.
Once I clicked the start button on the remote. That's the green button I want to go to the home screen.
But I just does nothing. But after I pressed start. My ok button isn't working any more and keeps messing up my fullscreen en windows mode. Where do I start searching/fixing this problem?
Can someone here please help me?
Hi guys,

I have a question about the combination I want to use: Logitech HR895 + Lenovo IR receiver + HTPC + XBMC + EvenGhost + External Player MPC-HC.

The goal is to control XMBC and my external xbmc player MPC-HC.
I bought a IR reciever and added the MCE plugin in EventGhost. After this I added a (random chosen) CD player to my Logitech HR and renamed it to HTPC. After this I tested to see if Eventghost receives buttonpresses on my Logitech HR and that is indeed so, so this works.
Ok, next thing I want is to control both XBMC and MPC-HC with my HTPC device I created in my HR. In XBMC i only need left, right, up, down, back and enter/select so I could config these keyboard buttons in Eventghost and assign the corresponding remote button to these. But the problem is that I would also need the left, right and enter button for MPC-HC, my external player. Can I config my system in some way that my buttons has a 'double function'? And in a way that when my external player MPC-HC is running and I press eg. enter only MPC-HC responds to this enter at that moment and not XBMC?
Don't dream your life, live your dream
Okay, I'm a bit new to all this, but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.
Trying to hook up my MCE Remote with my Windows 7 64bit.

I have Eventghost setup with two startup things:
* MCE Remote - Vista/Windows 7
* Execute: XBMC

In XBMC only up, down, left, right work.
If I I turn on "log only assigned events" I can only see up, down, left, right.

But if I turn off "log only assigned events" I can see all the buttons registering just fine eg. "MceRemote.Mce.Videos", "MceRemote.Mce.Start", etc.

What am I missing?
hi
I have just got a mxqpr4o box but it aint working right
when I go in some addons like showbox/pheoix/snagfilms
I keep getting a message saying
go to the log for more information
can u help me
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO easily get MCE Remote working flawlessly in XBMC with EventGhost1