• 2(current)
IR / RF Remote Controls for Windows: Links to Explanations, Tutorials, and Guides
dgodot Wrote:I've finally got most everything working on my Snapstream Firefly RF remote via LM Remote Keymap. The one major sticking point is I can't seem to get the context menus to show up. Anybody familiar with LM Remote and have this working?

I've set up a PressKey event for the Menu key, but get no response from XBMC when it is pressed. The menu button on my keyboard brings up the context menu exactly as expected.

EDIT: I found a solution in the keymap.xml file. Apparently the "c" key performs the same function as the "menu" key, so using that instead solved the problem.

you mind telling us how you got this to work thanks!
Will an USB to IrDA work as a reciever for a harmony 890 remote.
role2682 Wrote:Will an USB to IrDA work as a reciever for a harmony 890 remote.

As I know USB IrDA cannot recieve remote control signals No
I just made a new tutorial for getting the XBox Original remote to work with the Windows build.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=45337

I know there are others, but this uses the recommended methods, the response is the same as on my Xbox, and it just generally works well.

Hope this helps.

Maybe I'll even make the top of the sticky.

Smile

-Wes
With eventghost I have absolutely no remote control at all. I selected the XBMC and MCE plugins and nothing. Besides with eventghost i'm unable to use my password entered from my remote in windows.

So I think the best option for me is to edit the keymap file. I do have default controls. I can arrow around and select stuff but that's it. No play, FF, pause, etc. I can't back out to the main menu.

So I was wondering if anyone has the config file setup for a MCE remote and they could just email me that file to use? That would be great.
archer75 Wrote:With eventghost I have absolutely no remote control at all. I selected the XBMC and MCE plugins and nothing.

Did you press the buttons on your remote while EventGhost is opened and then drag the events on the left to the actions under XBMC that you want on the right?

It works great for me, and I'm using the original Xbox remote.

Wes
waldo22 Wrote:Did you press the buttons on your remote while EventGhost is opened and then drag the events on the left to the actions under XBMC that you want on the right?

It works great for me, and I'm using the original Xbox remote.

Wes

No. The tutorial I read made no mention of that. But I can give it a go.
eventghost did say that no x10 or x11 device was present. I'm not sure that that is but i'm assuming it's referring to the IR receiver? I have the standard MCE edition USB receiver that came with the remote.

Still, won't evenghost then prevent me from using the remote for other actions within Vista? I need it for entering my password in windows.
Just for clarification - any learning remote should work as long as you have the original remote or the proper codes, correct?

I have XBMC on an XBox, I have the XBox dvd remote.

I also have the Philips RC9800i remote. Should I teach it the controls from the XBox remote, or are there any known settings/codes/templates for using an RC9800i with XBMC?
I got it to work for the most part. I have to run eventghost as admin or it doesn't work.

I have two issues I need to resolve. When I bring up a context or info menu and decide I don't want to select anything how do I ext from that screen?

FF and rewind are buggy. I hit FF and it returns me to the parent menu and gives me a 1 sec audio loop from the exact moment in the show when I hit FF. I can select the show again and it will tell me it's fast forwarding at 8x or so but nothing is really happening.
archer75 Wrote:I got it to work for the most part. I have to run eventghost as admin or it doesn't work.

I have two issues I need to resolve. When I bring up a context or info menu and decide I don't want to select anything how do I ext from that screen?

FF and rewind are buggy. I hit FF and it returns me to the parent menu and gives me a 1 sec audio loop from the exact moment in the show when I hit FF. I can select the show again and it will tell me it's fast forwarding at 8x or so but nothing is really happening.

You should be able to exit the context menu with the same command that brought you into it I think. Either that or the previous window command.

Regarding the strange FF/RW behavior, make sure that there aren't multiple commands mapped to your key presses. You can check this out while XBMC is not running by bringing up eventghost and hitting the keys in question. You should see the key press and any associated commands show up on the left hand screen. Make sure you disable any commands that you don't want/use.
I don't have duplicate commands for FF or rewind.

I still think i'd rather get a good keymap file because I do have the need to bounce between media center and XMBC and as it stands now I have to re-enable HID or whatever it's called and reboot.
archer75 Wrote:eventghost did say that no x10 or x11 device was present. I'm not sure what that is but i'm assuming it's referring to the IR receiver?

@archer75,
No, EventGhost comes with a plugin for the X10 remote control, since it is a very popular remote. Just right-click on the X10 plugin in the right-hand pane and disable it, and that message will go away.

Darth Meatloaf Wrote:Just for clarification - any learning remote should work as long as you have the original remote or the proper codes, correct?
...or are there any known settings/codes/templates for using an RC9800i with XBMC?

@Darth,

The original xbox DVD remote uses the codes from an RCA DVD player. You should be able to just program the Phillips RC9800i to control an RCA DVD and it should work fine.

I'm using my Yamaha home theater remote with my Xbox DVD dongle, and it works great.

-Wes
OK, this may be a bit picky but i thought I would ask.. I recently got an RTI T2-Cs and added in the mce commands to a xbmc page. I then used eventghost and got everything running relatively easily. Just a few tweaks here and there. Now I'm wondering if I can make it a bit more solid.

I miss my wireless logitech controller when I was running xbmc on my xbox. I know the touch sensitive buttons are a no-go anymore but is there a way to press and hold on keys to scroll through list or adjust pixel ratio? it can be tedious one click at a time..
AceJosh Wrote:I have this remote also and was wondering if you managed to get it to work?

It lets me navigate my way around XBMC but there is no button on the remote to go back a step - I have to all the way to the main menu Sad

Also - is there a button on the remote when on the list of movies to bring up the options menu for a particular film (ie movie info, edit title etc)?

I didnt find a way yet to manage xbmc to detect all the input from the remote.
Only the standard inputs Sad

I guess only wmc is working with it.

Anyone else found a solution for this?
waldo22 Wrote:The original xbox DVD remote uses the codes from an RCA DVD player. You should be able to just program the Phillips RC9800i to control an RCA DVD and it should work fine.

I'm using my Yamaha home theater remote with my Xbox DVD dongle, and it works great.

-Wes

Sweet. Thanks a bunch for the tip. I'm fairly certain that there is more than one code set for RCA DVD players, but you just made my job almost infinitely easier.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IR / RF Remote Controls for Windows: Links to Explanations, Tutorials, and Guides7