• 4(current)
IR / RF Remote Controls for Windows: Links to Explanations, Tutorials, and Guides
I have a remote that acts like a keyboard to windows. Most buttons work, but one, that is acknowledged as "h" to windows fails to work. I map it under keyboard section like other buttons (which works and takes the remaps), but this one button seems to fail.

On my usb keyboard, also connected to the computer, the key is acknowledged as exactly the same key-down code, and that works. What can I do?
steford Wrote:I'd like to add my experiences on getting the Cyberlink cheap remote (£5.99 Play.com) set up for use with XBMC using EventGhost.

Steford, I have one of these remotes and I started to try and set it up for XBMC last night. The remote that came with my Silverstone case using the iMon software is next to useless.

I have read your short tutorial for setting up this remote but being new to this whole scene (and Eventghost), it is all a little confusing.

If you (or anyone else who uses this software) could help a little it would be greatly appreciated.

I appologise in advance for being "dim"? Huh

steford Wrote:I used this site for the basics and added 3 Mouse HID device plugins in XBMC giving them separate prefixes of 1, 2 and 3.

When you say "in XBMC" do you mean the folder for XBMC within the Eventghost set up? If so, I cant see how to do this. There doesn't seem to be a plugin for "HID Mouse".
steford Wrote:It's now worth going through every button on the remote and seeing what event it triggers in Eventghost so you'll have a nice list on the left which can be dragged to wherever you like when creating actions. I jotted down the corresponding event on the chart from the site above.

I tried using the advice from that site but just got confused when it referred to saving .dll files and exe files in the folders within mediaportal. I couldn't see any corresponding folder to use in XBMC.

steford Wrote:In Eventghost it was then just a matter of adding a macro to catch a remote keypress (drag the event across from the left) and emulating a keystroke eg the Play button on the remote is detected as "2.Button.1" which should emulate a "p" key for use in XBMC. This was repeated for each button that wasn't seen as a keypress - only 12 buttons for my setup. I made a folder called "Remote" in the "Context Folder" to house all this to keep it neat. The XML export is below

I have copied the XML you quoted, thanks, and created an xml file with this in but cannot see how, or where to import this into Evenghost.

steford Wrote:Hope this helps someone get into EventGhost which can seem quite daunting at first and utilise cheap remote hardware.

You're not kidding. Nod

I know I'm asking a lot but could someone please help? :o

Vorm
Vorm Wrote:Steford, I have one of these remotes and I started to try and set it up for XBMC last night. The remote that came with my Silverstone case using the iMon software is next to useless...........

1. Uninstall all software and...
2. Try my solution HERE

The application that I made works perfectly with all tested versions of XBMC.
I capture and then filter events from MS-clone remote. You must have .NET 2.0 installed.(I thing you have Big Grin )
ArturDent Wrote:1. Uninstall all software and...
2. Try my solution HERE

The application that I made works perfectly with all tested versions of XBMC.
I capture and then filter events from MS-clone remote. You must have .NET 2.0 installed.(I thing you have Big Grin )

Thank you. If you think it will work I will try it this evening if I get chance (Going out very early for the evening Cool).

edit.

I have remotely accessed my home HTPC, uninstalled the iMon software and installed the XBMC Remote.exe and loaded the XBMC_OK.xml.

I obviously cannot try it out until I get home though.

Placing a shortcut for XBMC Remote.exe in the startup folder and run it as minimized should be all I have to do to start this automatically?
Nope - doesnt work - only get the standard forward backward left right and enter commands working the rest are not recognized as commands from remote on the xbmc remote logger
Vorm Wrote:Nope - doesnt work - only get the standard forward backward left right and enter commands working the rest are not recognized as commands from remote on the xbmc remote logger

Sorry for You!

The application is "made by ME". I'm professional programmer and i know that application works, BUT my test are based on MCE remote HAMA 52451 (Germany)

I quarantine 100% success, with this remote. All buttons work! I have no experience with "Original" MCE remotes.
Just get one from hama. Money back guarantee from me.Big Grin or Send me you remote and i will make changes for Free!
Sorry for me?

Next time you recommend "Your" program to someone, please make sure you tell them which remote it works with.

I made it quite clear in my comment "Steford, I have one of these remotes" which remote I was having problems with so why would you tell me to use your program when you now say it will only work properly with a HAMA 52451 not even the MS MCE remote. Huh
Vorm Wrote:Steford, I have one of these remotes and I started to try and set it up for XBMC last night. The remote that came with my Silverstone case using the iMon software is next to useless.

I have read your short tutorial for setting up this remote but being new to this whole scene (and Eventghost), it is all a little confusing.

If you (or anyone else who uses this software) could help a little it would be greatly appreciated.

I appologise in advance for being "dim"? Huh

When you say "in XBMC" do you mean the folder for XBMC within the Eventghost set up? If so, I cant see how to do this. There doesn't seem to be a plugin for "HID Mouse".

Yes I made an XBMC folder (actually now called "Remote") to keep things neat although this is not a requirement. Under the Generic HID plugin I get mouse options. Once you have this I suggest adding at least 1 macro with event detection and associated keypress. So for example I added a "Play" macro - this detects "2.Button.1" which is what Eventghost sees (find it in the log) when I press play on the remote (HID plugin 2). This then triggers "Emulate Keystrokes p". So all Eventghost is doing is detecting 1 keypress on the remote and emulating a keyboard "p" keypress. When XBMC is running this causes the selected item to play.

Vorm Wrote:I tried using the advice from that site but just got confused when it referred to saving .dll files and exe files in the folders within mediaportal. I couldn't see any corresponding folder to use in XBMC.

The only thing you need from that site is the chart that shows what keys are available. I used this to map what key corresponds to what HID event in Eventghost. As soon as you get keys being detected you'll see what I mean. Without any additional plugins you should see the up/down keys creating events in Eventghost as they are equivalent to keyboard presses and are detected by default - so start with that. Uncheck the "Log only assigned and activated events" box to see everything Eventghost detects for the time being.

Vorm Wrote:I have copied the XML you quoted, thanks, and created an xml file with this in but cannot see how, or where to import this into Evenghost.

I would save the default config from Eventghost and add my stuff to it to make sure you have the right format. Add 1 event yourself as above to see where they should all be inserted.

Vorm Wrote:You're not kidding. Nod

I know I'm asking a lot but could someone please help? :o

Vorm

Hope the above helps.
I read that in the past year many of us have more or less struggled with various MCE remotes. It seems know that XBMC is working fine with them, considering all the manuals in this thread.

Now I want to buy a MCE remote for XBMC (actually I need the IR receiver only, since I have Harmony One, but it seems more expensive to buy just the IR receiver).

I see on ebay only this Dell (OEM) remote for MCE:
Ebay item 360151379939
http://cgi.ebay.com/Microsoft-MCE-Media-...1197wt_918

The original Microsoft remote is A9O-00007, hard to get and priced $50 and above.
Is the Dell one compatible, especially on driver level in XBMC for Linux and Windows XP/Vista?

thanks
Rrrr Wrote:I read that in the past year many of us have more or less struggled with various MCE remotes. It seems know that XBMC is working fine with them, considering all the manuals in this thread.

Now I want to buy a MCE remote for XBMC (actually I need the IR receiver only, since I have Harmony One, but it seems more expensive to buy just the IR receiver).

I see on ebay only this Dell (OEM) remote for MCE:
Ebay item 360151379939
http://cgi.ebay.com/Microsoft-MCE-Media-...1197wt_918

The original Microsoft remote is A9O-00007, hard to get and priced $50 and above.
Is the Dell one compatible, especially on driver level in XBMC for Linux and Windows XP/Vista?

thanks

yes I jut bought one (just the receiver) and it is working fine with my URC MX-810. I am just having trouble configuring EG to work properly with the remote but hte receiver picks up all the commands that I throw at it so far.
hi guys, im thinking to replace my old xbox 1 running xbmc with a media centre pc because unfortunately the xbox 1 cannot handle hd content.
i was looking at the new AcerAspireRevo and wondering if would be possible to use the xbox 360 universal remote with xbmc.thanx
Gui,

if your like me and love the functionality and simplicity of xbox 1 and its remote, why not just buy the USB-> XBOX converter for like $5 us and run MOde2006's cool driver app, its easy as.

install the app, install the usb adapter with xbox 1 dongle, and start up xbmc

all config is done automajically

i use 3 x setups like this at home myself. works sweet.

only thing it doesnt allow for is remote powerdown/up which can be performed with MCE or other remotes using Eventghost.

this is definately your easyiest option
Dam0
Hey guys. For some reason after I upgraded to Vista SP2, IR Suite quit working properly with my MCE remote. Every time I pressed any button on the remote, it was like I was pressing it two or three times. I uninstalled IR Suite and tried EventGhost, but the results were still the same.

Anybody know the cure for the multiple button entries?
Nevermind I guess. I removed EG, reinstalled Ir Suite and everything started working again.
Hi all. I am new at XBMC and all features it has.
I have an HP-DV4-1123us notebook runnig Vista Home Premium 64 - and it has the HP media player and comes with an HP remote control for the HP media player.
I really would like to use these HP remote control to control XBMC instead of the HP media center. Can you help me with that ?
What do I have to do?
Please assume that I know nothing about remote controls, keymaps, etc. I´ve been looking for any information or tutorial for HP notebooks and it´s remotes and I didn´t get anything.
Thank you in advance

Mario
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IR / RF Remote Controls for Windows: Links to Explanations, Tutorials, and Guides7