Similar Artists / Similar Songs Playlists - iTunes "Genius Playlist" feature in XBMC?
I haven't used it as much recently as development seems to have slowed considerably, but I used to use the open-source project Jinzora regularly. One of the features that I really liked about Jinzora is that it has an Artist Radio and Similar Radio option.

The Artist Radio option would just play random songs from the Artist that you are currently viewing. I didn't use it all that often, and it seems like that is already an option in XBMC if you create playlists. A little more work than Jinzora, but not that hard.

The feature that I really liked in Jinzora is their similar Radio feature. Jinzora seems to query some external service as you browse your music and it will show you Similar Artists (and Similar Albums if you are viewing albums). (Screenshot here that might help, Similar Artist/Albums on left below the Radio functions) Then when you choose the Similar Radio option, Jinzora will play create a playlist (50 songs if I remember right) of music that you have in your collection that matches the Similar Artist. Here is another screenshot that shows Similar Artist, and which artists you have in your collection.

I just discovered XBMC and I think it is great. The feature that I mentioned above is what I really miss from Jinzora though.
BUMP @TeknoJnky:

Funny seeing you here. I use MediaMonkey and am a happy user of your last.fm script (Last.fm nodes). I'm trying out XBMC (seems to be the best mediacenter app out there) and I'm really missing a 'Last.fm nodes'-like feature in XBMC. I want to go from using a remote desktop to control my HTPC to a fully IR remote controlled mediacenter for media playback. My music collection isn't anywhere near as big as yours (approaching ~12.000 tracks here) but continually going though my artists + albums with a IR remote to create a decent playlist is just not very workable, I imagine it must be much worse for people with larger collections. So the question is...

Any progress/plans on building a Last.fm nodes-like feature for XBMC?

Anyone else know of a decent music playlist generator for XBMC?

I know Mediaportal has one, but XBMC is much better than that in other areas, so MP is not an option;-)
Has this gotten any attention by chance? Or did someone already implement this with a plugin?
Not as far as I know, to both your questions. I would certainly still love to have this feature though. I would use it tons
This would be an awesome feature to have.
is this not the same thing?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=83915
Looks like it is pretty much the same! Thanks for pointing it out.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Similar Artists / Similar Songs Playlists - iTunes "Genius Playlist" feature in XBMC?0