[APPLE TV] XBMS and ty file playback
Using an ATV and XBMC Atlantis beta 2 I am unable to get the XBMS protocol to work. The ATV is unable to see any servers. XBMC on Xbox does not have this problem.

Attempting to add XBMS servers on a Macbook using XBMC results in the same symptoms exhibited in this thread:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=2...post223646

i.e. can add it as a source but it does not list the contents when you select it. It seems like XBMS is not supported on Mac/ATV?

Also, when attempting to playback ty files on a network share nothing happens. Is ty file playback supported on XBMC for ATV?
XBMS support was enabled after Beta 2 was released unfortunately. We might have some experimental packages in the near future before our next release, but until then your only option would be to compile XBMC yourself.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Please read and follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, please make sure you read this first.

OK thanks.

Is ty file (Tivo files) playback possible with ATV?
I have also been fiddling with this trying to get it to work. I have resurected the TIVOX script and actually have it working (backgrounds, and pulling down the show info from my 2 TIVO 1s in the house. Now if I can just get the CCXSTREAM to communicate with the Apple TV or Mac (or both), I'll be in good shape.

I have the TIVOX script working on my XBOX Media Centers.. Just trying to get it working on the Mac.

If anyone knows about this, please advise.

Thanks

Mike
As promised XBMS is now working in the latest Atlantis release and I am now able to connect to my TiVo. However, I am unable to playback the TY files using ATV, I believe this is due to this:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...light=tivo

Tivodecode I suspect is no good to me as I am streaming and I use a series 1 Tivo.

Is there any chance that TY file playback will be supported on non-Xbox's?
Hi - I am using S1 Tivo with ccxstream operational. I have installed Babylon on my Apple TV and I have added an xbms share and can see my Now Playing and Live TV listings, BUT nothing happens when I try to play an individual .ty show.

Does anyone know a solution or how I should start to troubleshoot?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[APPLE TV] XBMS and ty file playback0