Using Userdata Folder from XBox in XBMC Live
Hi,
I try to use the userdata folder from my xbox (only the master user is in use) to works in xbmc live.

This is very important for me because I add 1000 of actors thumbs manually to the database.

If I copy the userdata folder to /home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata on the xbmc live I get a blue gui after the restart.

So I think some folder/file rights not correct or additional/different files are necessary to use the old databases and thumbs on the xbmc live system.

Usually I found problems in the xmbc.log file but I don´t find a log on the live system. The debug mode in XBMC is switched on.

Have anyone an idear how it is possible to run the xbmc live with an integrated userdata folder from the xbox and where the debug log is located.

I looks in the wiki and in the forum but I don´t found detailed information where is the userdata located and works in the live system and how the xbmc.log work and located.

I try it yesterday to run the userdata folder from the xbox on the xbmc windows and it works fine.

Thanks for your help
regards zippolighter
You're probably going to hack up some paths so they are correct. I'm not sure how they're stored in the db (I would think our VFS paths but maybe not). To ensure your permissions are correct I'd do the following...
$ cd ~/.xbmc
$ chmod 755 -R userdata
$ find userdata -type f -exec chmod 744 {} \;

Pastebinning a debug log would likely narrow down the exact problem further.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using Userdata Folder from XBox in XBMC Live0