Beta 2 - Install to HDD.. some questions
Hi!

Yesterday i installed the new beta 2 to my HDD on my laptop.

I have some issues wich im curios to know if anyone else has experienced.
I dont know if its's bugs or just some issues with my HW.

After install to HDD it seems that samba isn't installed default. So i had to apt-get that package and install it. samba works fine after that.
Havent tried usb stick to see if the problem is the same there...

On most reboots i get "invalid partition table". This is fixed by shutting down the pc completetly and then turn it on again.

usb devices like my removable usb disk and xbox dvd-dongle doesent get detected when they are plugged in from boot time. If i remove and reinsert after xbmc is loaded it works fine.

Gonna do some more testing but would be nice to know if other users has
anything like this problems.

also gonna try to install on a usb pendrive to see if situation gets better.

Would also point out that i run bet2 on exact same laptop and HW as i runned beta1 on. Expect beta1 was run directly from usb pen and not internall hdd.
1: should probably go into feature request and it actually might be a good idea to bundle it with XBMC Live.

2: could you post a debug log when you start the computer with the usb in and unplugg it and plugg it back in. Would be a good reference to see why its behaving like that.

Cheers
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Beta 2 - Install to HDD.. some questions0